All reviews maisonette suite train station small kitchen an italian restaurant free wifi laundry facilities minute walk main station munich hbf lufthansa bus no air con comfortable stay per day two blocks convenient location double bed budget hotel
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We stayed here when we went to the Octoberfest. Hotel is a 4min walk from the Haubtbahnhof (1stop away from Octoberfest at Hackerbrucke).
Check in was quick and efficient. Staff were helpful. There was a small kitchen area with a microwave, hotplates a fridge and cutlery in the room. Room was very clean. Fresh towels every day but they forgot to put them in the last night. The woman in the reception had no problem getting us 2 more though. Bathroom was small but the shower was good and powerful. TV had about 40 channels 1or2 in english. Costs about €210/night. No breakfast included but there are loads of places nearby for breakfast. Excellent hotel.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor, no noise up there!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bobnoxious1
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I stayed for 6 nights in this hotel , the best thing about it is the location it is so close to karlsplatz and this touristic area about 5 min walk. BUT there is no AC and the internet connection is so bad the first 3 days there was no internet so for me it didnt worth a penny. I had a single room it was so big it even had a kitchenette (as seen in the pic). As there is no AC so u sleep with the window open which is so noisy. The bed was ok but the pillow was so bad. I think you could stay in the same street for nearly the same price but with better service.
for the location it is 5 min walk to karlzplatz and central station. there is a parking and car rental. return (sixt europcar hertz) infront of the hotel

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 September 2013

My general evaluation is rather positive. The rooms were big enough, clean and quite. Moreover, the location is great. The hotel is 1 minute from the Botanical garden, about 15 from Marienplatz, and about 20 from Theresienwiese. Nevertheless, the experience wasn't only positive. Eventhough you book a room with a kitchen, they'll make you pay extra to use cutlery. The hotel is quite big with 7 floors but there's only one slow lift and I've never seen such a bad Internet connexion. If they don't want to pay in order to offer clients a better connexion, I suggest they say so. I wouldn't have taken my laptop with me for nothing. Last negative comment: the rooms aren't for free but breakfast isn't included and they'll ask you 10 euro (you can have a breakfast for 6 euro at the nearby Bio market) to have one. On a more positive note, the restaurants' pizzas are ok and the prices decent.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We stayed at Vi Vadi for one night on our way from Alsace to Italy in July and were surprised how good the location was. Our room, which had its own kitchenette, was large, nicely decorated and comfortable and came as a surprise after seeing the lobby and public areas. It was ideally situated, being a 10 minute walk from two Brauhauses in one direction, and town in the other. There is a multi-storey car park opposite which costs 10 euros with a discount from the hotel and we thought this good value for money. As we had a long drive ahead of us the following morning, we decided to have breakfast (10 euros each) which was served in the restaurant next door but unfortunately were disappointed with the choice and quality of the food. We would certainly visit this hotel again but would buy our own food for breakfast and eat it in our room.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for two nights in late august, 2013. This hotel has a very good location near the central bus station. I read a few reviews with concerns about the area being unsafe at night but I did not feel like that. I walked to the train station at 3 am with luggage without any problems.
From the hotel to main tourist areas is easy by tram/subway or walking. Many restaurants options nearby from different kinds of cuisine. Did not have breakfast at the hotel which costs10 Euros. In the train station there is a great coffee place where you can get good deal for breakfast at about 6 Euros (Coffee Fellows).
The hotel halls and lobby look a bit outdated but rooms were nice and clean. The shower temperature was very hard to control with water being for the most part too hot. There is no aircon in the room but that was not a problem since temperature was cool. You can borrow umbrellas in the reception by leaving a deposit.
Restaurant Vi Vadi next door was pretty good with Italian food at good prices.
Biggest negative aspect of hotel was wifi signal. It only worked properly in the lobby, I stayed at the fifth floor and rarely got signal.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Michael M, General Manager at Vi Vadi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Thank you for sharing your opinion, Lcmaj and for grading us 4-Star! A few words referring to your main concerns: We're happy to read that you liked our rooms and we gladly announce the upcoming renovation of our public areas. In fact, some silent and undisturbing work is already in progress in the reception area. Next time you check-in, enjoy the enhanced atmosphere. And make sure to try our breakfast ;) it's really worth it. In retrospect, this might be small comfort for you but by now we also fixed our free wifi. It is up and running again and anyone doubtful reading these reviews, be ensured: you'll have strong connectivity. Thanks again, we appreciate your feedback. Best, Clemens (GM)