All reviews maisonette suite train station small kitchen an italian restaurant free wifi laundry facilities minute walk main station munich hbf lufthansa bus no air con location is great comfortable stay per day two blocks double bed busy street
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Stayed at Vi Vadi during the Oktoberfest, bad mistake! First of all it was way too pricey for just one night but that was to be expected, however, the standard of the hotel and the room does not justify the high cost which really, really disappoint as a result.

The hotel's reception reminded me more of a student association office rather than a proper hotel, staff was very casual and not in uniform or can be identified as hotel worker. As other reviewer, the one lift in the hotel is more of a service lift - constantly busy and often stank of rubbish. There is a parking garage, as well as car rental depots, across the road from the hotel which can be rather convenient.

The area immediately around the hotel is not ideal, the street which my room faces is busy and noisy, the shops nearby does not seem friendly - a table top dancing bar, betting outlets, pubs, budget shops, etc. Once passed these shops where the trams run, the atmosphere feel a lot less dodgy.

The room, despite asking for a non-smoking one, STANK of cigarette smell. Even sleeping with open windows didn't help, in fact it was so bad that I woke the next day with a terrible headache from breathing all the stale smell and then smelling as if I just smoked a pack of cigarette!

The room also has a kitchenette and well stocked minibar which I did not use, the beds were firm and the hotel used decent bed linens. There are ample storage for luggages and a proper desk for working, there is also a mini desk top fan for cooling.

As with other reviewer, the hotel's corridor was dark and shabby, there were mostly Middle Eastern/Balkan looking male cleaners without uniform walking around during their cleaning rounds, which can be confusing if one does not realise they are hotel workers. They also came into my room without knocking, while I was inside, that didn't make me feel secure.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone except those who enjoy a smoking room!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank little_ostow
Reviewed 7 November 2012

We've chosen this hotel for its kitchenette, as we wanted to cook some special dietic food. The kitchenette included a kettle, cups, glasses, big and small plates, forks, knives and spoons. For extra 5 euros you can get a cooking set - a saucepan, a frying pan and some other cooking facilities. There is a stove and a kitchen sink as well. The room was quite spacious and had a nice balcony looking into the yard garden. It was not noisy, the beds were very comfortable and the battery worked as it shood.

The hotel is situated near the Hauptbahnhof, it is about 5 minutes walk. Very convenient for those who travel by train and close to the shopping center Galeria Kaufhof. To Marienplatz it is a 20 minutes walk or 2 S-bahn stations.

Though I liked everything about the hotel itself, bear in mind that in Munich it is impossible to buy anything on Sunday or on state holidays and be prepared. And it was very strange for me, that the room cleaning service came at 9:00 am! We were sleeping, so they exused and left. Next night we hanged a "Do not disturb" sign, and no one disturbed us.

Room Tip: Choose rooms looking into the yard.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YellowTinker
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Easy to find, very close to both the train station and the old city center (including a couple great beer halls). It's much easier to catch an early AM train connection when you're steps away from the station, after all. Pleasant and extremely helpful staff who had good food and drink suggestions. Room was basic, comfortable, and clean. Not a destination hotel or a lot of wow factor, but it was exactly what we needed for a single night in Munich. No complaints.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I was very disappointed with my stay at the Vi Vadi due to inacurate room description and VERY unhelpful reception staff. The hotel is in an excellent location - less than a two minute walk from Hauptbahnhof train station - but is certainly not the equivalent of a 3 star hotel. Our family room did not match the brochure description, being very 70's style and shabby with old pine furniture and fittings. The pillows were inadequate, and when i dared ask for extra pillows I received a lengthly tirade from a very irate receptionist who made me feel very embarassed - even commenting that I had booked through an online booking service! We paid almost 400 euros for 3 nights, which didn't even include breakfast, so i certainly do not feel as though I got a good deal. The lift was more of a service lift than one suitable to carry hotel guests, and all corridors were very shabby and old fashioned. I do not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the room that is advertised by the website!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2012

I stayed here with a friend in September 2012, just before Oktoberfest! The hotel was easy to find and even though we were too early to check in we dropped our bags off and went exploring using a map the man on reception gave us! Our room was on the third floor and walked rather than used the lift, but this worked ok! Can't fault the hotel, there were little shampoos etc in the bathroom and the free safe was a good thing. I would stay here again and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends