All reviewsmaisonette suitetrain stationsmall kitchenan italian restaurantfree wifilaundry facilitiesminute walkmain stationmunich hbflufthansa busno air conlocation is greatcomfortable stayper daytwo blocksdouble bedbusy street
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Easy to find, very close to both the train station and the old city center (including a couple great beer halls). It's much easier to catch an early AM train connection when you're steps away from the station, after all. Pleasant and extremely helpful staff who had good food and drink suggestions. Room was basic, comfortable, and clean. Not a destination hotel or a lot of wow factor, but it was exactly what we needed for a single night in Munich. No complaints.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I was very disappointed with my stay at the Vi Vadi due to inacurate room description and VERY unhelpful reception staff. The hotel is in an excellent location - less than a two minute walk from Hauptbahnhof train station - but is certainly not the equivalent of a 3 star hotel. Our family room did not match the brochure description, being very 70's style and shabby with old pine furniture and fittings. The pillows were inadequate, and when i dared ask for extra pillows I received a lengthly tirade from a very irate receptionist who made me feel very embarassed - even commenting that I had booked through an online booking service! We paid almost 400 euros for 3 nights, which didn't even include breakfast, so i certainly do not feel as though I got a good deal. The lift was more of a service lift than one suitable to carry hotel guests, and all corridors were very shabby and old fashioned. I do not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the room that is advertised by the website!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2012

I stayed here with a friend in September 2012, just before Oktoberfest! The hotel was easy to find and even though we were too early to check in we dropped our bags off and went exploring using a map the man on reception gave us! Our room was on the third floor and walked rather than used the lift, but this worked ok! Can't fault the hotel, there were little shampoos etc in the bathroom and the free safe was a good thing. I would stay here again and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 October 2012

I stayed at the Vi Vadi for 4 nights and I can see why it is highly rated on TripAdvisor. From the outside, the Vi Vadi Hotel doesn't seem like much. The lobby is somewhat utilitarian and has the feel of a budget hotel. However, it has several things going for it.

The location is great! It is two streets away from the main train station which means it is a short 5 minute walk. This is great if you have luggage and it also means that you don't have to trek a long distance after arriving in Munich. There is a grocery center close by with 4 major grocery chains around the corner. One of the store is an Aldi which is has some of the lowest prices. There is also a famous beer garden, Augustiner Keller, within 10 minutes walk from the hotel.

The room I had was nice and large with a small kitchenette. There is no AC so you do have to open the window to cool the room if it is warm. I have to agree with some of the other reviewers that it feels more like an apartment than a hotel room. The beds were clean but they definitely need firmer pillows. I also feel that the house cleaning crew does a very good job every day with cleaning the room. It always feel spotless. Finally, I should mention that there are laundry facilities. You just have to purchase tokens from the front desk for 3 euros. That will cover both the washer and the dryer.

The front desk was always staffed by very helpful and friendly people. They were able to provide directions to everything and seems to know the opening times of most of the tourist attraction.

I would highly recommend the Vi Vadi for anyone looking for a good clean place to stay in Munich without paying outrageous prices. I think that if they spruce up the outside and add AC, this hotel would easily be one of the best.

Room Tip: It can be noisy if you are facing the main street. If it is the summer, I suggest getting a room facing the other way so that you can open your windows.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I stayed there for two nights. The location is excellent. Just 5 minutes walk to the HBf and metro station. Next to the HBf, there is a Lufthansa shuttlebus terminal so it is very convenient to go there by taking the comfortable airport shuttle by paying same fees as taking the metro. 10 minutes walk to the Karlstor, 15 minutes walk to Marienplatz. The room is basic and clean, though the facilities are not very new, it is acceptable. The greatest surprise is that there is a kitchnette and microwave. So it is more like an aparthotel. Not sure whether washing machine is available, if so, it is very ideal for longer stay. Another surprise is that though it is like an aparthotel but there is still cleaning service as a hotel. I was just given a room on the first floor, it a bit noisy but as it is almost winter, so I just shut the window at night. The reception is helpful. I will definitely consider to stay there again if I had the chance to go back to Munich. The price is a bit on the high side but I was told that there is a festival in Munich so the price is higher than normal,

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo