All reviews maisonette suite train station small kitchen an italian restaurant free wifi laundry facilities minute walk main station munich hbf lufthansa bus no air con location is great comfortable stay per day two blocks double bed busy street
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Had a great stay at this hotel! It was located only a few blocks (5 mins) from the train station which was great since we were arriving and leaving by train. This also meant it was very close to the metro and tramway, plus easy walking distance to Marienplatz and all the main sites. It is a safe area with lots of restaurants/shops around.

Even though the reception/hallways were pretty plain, the room itself was really nice. We especially enjoyed how large the room was (a rarity in Europe). There was a little kitchenette with fridge, cooktop, sink, etc. The bathroom was a little small, but everything was clean, and again we were impressed by the overall size of the room.

Another added bonus was that there are washers/dryers in the basement you can use. This worked perfect for us as we stayed here halfway through a two-week trip. Also, internet is free.

We love visiting Munich and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2012

This hotel is a stone's throw from the main station, and downtown Marienplatz is just an easy 20 minute walk or two S-Bahn stations away.
First impression was not great to be honest - old squeaky lift, dimly lit corridors with faded carpets; but once we got to our rooms we were pleasantly surprised.
We got a room on the top floor - it was wonderful. There is a short hall, large wardrobe, safety deposit box, a fully stocked kitchenette (complete with a mini-fridge - something I never saw in another hotel within my 2 week trip), and my favourite part is the sleeping area at the attic. The bed is placed right underneath the window on the roof, and at nights I fell asleep watching the stars.
The shower stall was tiny, and they used a shower curtain which didn't stop water going out and gets stuck on my body all the time which could be irritating; but at least it was very clean.
The free wifi was fast and stable which is a plus; and there're English channels (as well as Italian, French, Arabic and who knows what else) on the flat screen TV (another thing I haven't seen in all other hotels)
The reception is only open until 10pm, but we didn't need to bother them late at night anyway; the girls at the reception spoke great English and are extremely helpful. After I've already left Munich and went on to a few more cities, I realized I couldn't find my earrings since I left Munich. I think either I left it in the hotel room or dropped it during transportation. I sent an email to the hotel management, and got a very prompt reply. Thank you very much for the great service!

Room Tip: Pay a bit more for the top floor studio room for
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2012

This a great price for a hotel close to the main train station yet away from the rif-raf found south.

Rooms were expected sized, very clean, and a small kitchen made quick help for next day breakfast or late night snacking on take-away from dinner.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Michael M, Inhaber at Vi Vadi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Dear UofMTraveler,

thank you very much for your positive review!

We are very happy that you were satisfied wíth our services and enjoyed your stay at VI VADI HOTEL. The kitchenettes are very practicable for those who prefere to prepare their meals by themselves or for guests that stay for a longer period.

Our VI VADI HOTEL is very centrally located and it is easy to reach all points of interest like the Marienplatz, Theresienwiese (October festival), Königsplatz and Karlsplatz in walking distance.

We would be very happy to welcoming you back at VI VADI HOTEL in future.

Yours sincerely
Michael Meister

Reviewed 20 March 2012

only a few minutes walk from the train station, the location was ideal. the room was clean, and thanks to the small kitchen, didn't feel tiny. the bathroom was tiny though, and the shower curtain didn't prevent water going everywhere in the bathroom. don't bring your clothes in with you or they could end up soaked in water!
free and reliable internet.
Best feature was the mini laundromat in the basement. after a week of travelling, being able to wash our clothes without leaving the hotel was just so useful! cost 1.5E for the washer and 2E for the dryer but you need to bring your own washing powder etc.

the breakfast was very plain and limited.

the basic kitchen utensils only include enough for making coffee/water. no bowls. so if you think you can get away without buying breakfast or the kitchen box, think pastries/fruit/yoghurt for breakfast (although we did manage to eat meusli out of the cups!

staff were friendly, but reception is only til 10pm.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Apperances can be deceiving... this hotel does not look much from the outside and reception I am sorry to say but that's the only bad thing I have to stay about this hotel. The rooms were lovely, modern, spacious and clean. Brilliant location only a short walk (10 minutes) to the Marienplatz. Recommend for a stay in Munich! Staff were very helpful also!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Michael M, Geschäftsführer at Vi Vadi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Dear Gracey-Lou,

thank you very much for your kind quotation! We are very happy that you enjoied your stay at VI VADI HOTEL and were satisfied with the offered services and our employees friendliness! We are always trying to offer a personal and professional service that makes you feel home.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again in our house! Please do not hesitate to contact us personally for your booking

Yours sincerly