All reviewsmaisonette suitetrain stationsmall kitchenan italian restaurantfree wifilaundry facilitiesminute walkmain stationmunich hbflufthansa busno air conlocation is greatcomfortable stayper daytwo blocksdouble bedbusy street
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Spent a night at vi vadi after the redeye from the us. Once settled in, we crashed into a clean comfortable bed and nicely appointed room The bath was small but clean and the shower refreshing. Convenient to the hauptbahnhof and public transport. Staff friendly and gave directions and maps to restaurants and sights. We read about the lack of AC but not an issue in March but agree in the summer months the heat could be an issue.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I booked this hotel because it was 2 blocks from the main railway station and I had an early train to Salzburg. I was a little bit concerned when I arrived, mainly because reception was in a small room with a couple of desks, with staff in plain clothes. I was quickly checked in by a friendly guy with flawless English. Headed upstairs in a rickety lift, and arrived in a shabby hallway that reminded me of being back at college.

But when I opened my room door, it was like I was walking into a different hotel! The room was fantastic - clean, modern, warm, very well equipped (including a kitchenette), and it even had a balcony over looking a rear courtyard, making it very quiet. The bed was comfy, the shower was good. Great rooms and very convenient location. I'd definitely stay here again if I'm passing through Munich.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the rear.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 January 2012

The hall ways to the hotel seemed to have a bit of a damp mouldy smell. I am asthmatic and was worried but once you are in the room it's great! Huge opening windows for fresh air, a kitchenette that was priceless to have when there is an amazing supermarket across from the information place, and cleanliness was top quality! Great bathroom. We loved staying here, it was right near the train station, and best of all, right near the most organised and helpful information place i have ever been to. We didn't know what we wanted to do in Munich when we got there but once we paid a visit to the info people we were set with a whole weeks worth of things to do! Some tourist-like activities which were well worth doing and other non tourist-like things to do. Perfect base to explore the city on foot and busses to see the country!

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for the windows that slide all the way open, or at least windows that open very far. That way you can't smell any of the damp that is in the hall way. (Even in winter it helps) We left ours open when we went out so it was fresh when we got back...brrr. and closed them straight away of course.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mel_warren1
Reviewed 26 January 2012

We stayed at the end of November at the ViVadi Hotel. It was very conveniently located and in easy walking distance from the Hauptbahnhof, which was often times the meeting point for tours we were taking.
PROS: location to train station and metro (fyi - though it is a good 15 minute walk to the main bus terminal Hackerbrücke), cleanliness of room, kitchenette, desk, flat screen tv, and nice staff.
CONS: Street noise (cars and partying people) was loud and I had to put in earplugs to sleep at night. Also, it was very tight for 3. It was basically an already small twin room to begin. With the added cot, there was about a foot to walk between the beds. The cot that they had put in our room also had springs sticking out as well as a huge dip in the center of the cot. My friends laughed each time between the bed squeaking and my groins when I got jabbed in the ribs. Of course it was my own fault for not making the time in between day tours, etc and being out all day to ask for another cot for the second night of our stay. But one would hope for better care of equipment.
Neither a pro or a con, but as an FYI, the front desk is not 24 hours, so any questions had to be answered before the desk closed for the night and arrangements were made for an early checkout (via dropping keys off in a lock box on the front door of the reception).

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the street, as the room we were in were very noisy.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank lmm303
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights in December with my girlfriend and brother. We were more interested in seeing Munich that staying in a huge luxurious place. I'll admit the room was a bit small for 3 people (particularly for 5 nights) but it was doable. The staff speak excellent English (better than a lot of Americans ;) ) and they are very helpful and eager to assist you in having a good stay in Munich. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends