All reviews maisonette suite train station small kitchen an italian restaurant free wifi laundry facilities minute walk main station munich hbf lufthansa bus no air con location is great comfortable stay per day two blocks double bed busy street
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I stayed here at the end of a 2 week tour of Germany, and I was really surprised by this budget hotel. While the hotel and the rooms aren't extravagant, they are better equipped and roomier than any other hotel I saw on the trip.

I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Claudia and the team at reception were warm, welcoming and could not have been more helpful. Don't let the slightly worn looking reception and common areas put you off - the rooms are surprisingly stylish and well equipped for this price bracket. We had a small kitchen, tonnes of storage, large flat screen tv and a balcony plus a comfortable bed. The bathroom is a bit small but the free toiletries are nice... All in all, a great place to stay - highly recommended!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Garrylough
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Hotel is very close to the train station (and the Lufthansa Airport Bus!). We spent one night at this hotel, and it is centrally located. Breakfast was good (at EUR 10 per person per day).
The room was clean, however, the bathroom was small and outdated (but still clean).

Did not make use of the inroom kitchenette. But, I guess it would be nice for longer stays. Free WiFi!!!

Hallways are icky, and it seems that many student aged people use the hotel for long term stays. We saw a crew of students bringing a case of beer each, and thought "uh oh." As a result, it was pretty noisy in the room over the night, however, I am sure this is really hit or miss. We stayed during the holidays, so that may have been a contributing factor.

Overall, close to the train station, and clean room. Public spaces are not so nice. Looks popular to the tripadvisor reading population (including myself) due to good price, good location, and good tripadvisor reviews.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2011

This hotel, despite being a little worn in the lobbies, is ideal for short trip to Munich. It is handy for the main station, has a good resturant. The rooms are good, although beds a little hard and pillows to soft. The room has its own kitchen with hob, microwave and fridge, which is handy for a quick breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 December 2011

The Vi Vadi Hotel is located near the train station about a 10 minute walk with luggage which was helpful in getting around Munich.

There were three of us in the room so it was a snug fit with the extra bed in the room. The beds were very comfortable though (not the rollway - my friend tossed and turned to find a comfortable position to sleep in). The room came with a small kitchenette with a fridge and sink which was helpful in prepping stuff to eat and storing food.

The staff at the Vi Vadi was very helpful and even helped me out of jam by printing out my bus ticket from my e-mail which I neglected to bring with me.

Overall, I would recommend the Vi Vadi as a convenient place to stay while in Munich.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends