See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Art hotel is really cozy place where I felt like at home. Nice stuff (for my surprise speaking also Czech language), beautiful room and delicious breakfast. I will definitely come back again :) I recommend

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2017

It's a 3-story building but there is no elevator. The facilities are old. The corners in my room are not clean. But the most ridiculous is how stingy the hotel is on little amenities.

I forgot my toothpaste and asked a woman with a manager tag if she could help. She said yes, then took the little tube of toothpaste out of a toothbrush set and gave it to me. Since I would stay in the hotel for 3 nights, I asked for another one. She promptly said no and suggested me to get it at the supermarket nearby. I think a simple NO at the beginning would have made me feel better.

There were two bottles of free sparkling water when I checked in. But the supply would not be refilled in the following days after I finished the first two. And there was shower gel in room but no shampoo.

Not so sure what the hotel wants to achieve with such stinginess.

Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed 25 January 2017

Firstly, I don't believe you can book via web, which causes the problem. So you confirm via e-mail, all is good. They ask for credit card number over e-mail (which is definitely not a good thing these days - I work in IT security so I know this ;-).

So I confirm with address details and ask if I can relay number over phone. When they respond - and I do give details, I get an e-mail the next day to say "sorry dude, the room we reserved is gone".

All in all - it's probably a good thing since I got a better hotel elsewhere in Erlangen.

Be wary.

Room tip: Don't send your credit card details over e-mail. You read the news about data protection ;-)
Date of stay: January 2017
Reviewed 28 October 2016

After reading other reviews I was not expecting much of this hotel, but I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, spacious and very quiet. Die WIFI connection was fast, streaming videos was not a problem at all. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean, free sparkling water (1 bottle a day) was provided.
Breakfast was allright, the quality provided was good.
Yes, the bathrooms might need some renovation sooner or later as they are a bit aged, but I didn't really have a problem with it.
Overall, it's a good choice when staying in Erlangen, the city center is a 10-15 min walk away, the price for the room is fair. If you are looking for a perfectly acceptable 3 star hotel than you may definitely consider this hotel.

Date of stay: October 2016
Reviewed 9 July 2016

The title is almost the only positive thing I can say about this hotel. The room was also rather big, in contrast to the bathroom which was literally tiny. In general everything looks and feels worn off. The cleaning personnel left (all?) the room keys unattended on a table close to the stairwell, it would have been easy to pick some an have a look what's there. The breakfast was ok, but also below average.

Date of stay: August 2015