“Quaint, but lovely hotel”

Wittelsbacher Hof Swiss Quality Hotel
Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

Parking is a little sparse, got there mid-afternoon so was lucky to get a spot in front, front desk staff needs to be friendlier, wait staff at breakfast was great! Location very good and walking distance to shopping, small pool and sauna, but is just fine, robes and slippers provided. Somehow ended up with a family room, very nice and very big, enjoyed the beautiful view from our balcony of Zugspitze. Will stay there again, pillows not very good but beds okay.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

Rooms are big and nice. Hotel is clean but old. Close to the city center so you can walk to everything. My biggest complaint is the staff. Put a smile on your face and say hello to the guests. Make coffee available before 7am. It's too late for those of us going on hikes.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

Clean, comfortable and close to the center of town. Easy checkin and they hit all the basics really well. Small wellness and jacuzzi on site. Bathrobes and slippers nice.

Downside: small rooms and 13" tvs placed do you really can't watch it.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2016

We've booked with this hotel because we wanted to visit the German Alps and we wanted to be as close as possible.
The manager at the reception was more than kind and helpful with all our queries.His English was very good by the way.
When I booked I was quite sceptical be cause we had to spend an extra £30 to get the wanted mountain view. I've tried to do that before with other hotels we've been with but it all turned out to be just a marketing scam and we always ended up overpaying for what it was offered.
In this particular case the mountain view was gorgeous and it was worth every penny. My advice would be for anyone who is planning on getting accomodation with them to get the mountain view room upgrade, you will not be disappointed (unless its really foggy outside and you can't see the peaks but that's not their fault it's just mother nature playing tricks on you...or just karma :)
I will try to give as many details about our experience with them as possible.

The room:
-minibar was quite well stocked and the prices were more than acceptable for a hotel minibar
-the bathroom had a heated floor which was really nice considering everything is marbled all around
-the room had very well documented brochures and maps with loads of stuff to do around

The Hotel:
-Spa areas quite small but very clean and looked after so that wasn't an issue at all
-Garden area with sun beds was really good (they don't do cocktails though cause its...Germany so we had Weiss Bier instead so no problems there either)
-Breakfast was really nice with first class service included.Wide variety of foods and really tasty freshly squeezed juice.
-They had a tea time event during the day when they would serve a wide range of quality tea blends between 4 and 6 o'clock in the afternoon.That was a really good touch in my opinion.
-Service was great , the waiter that always tended our table was brilliant and courteous with every occasion.I always liked waiters that try really hard to make you feel valued as their customer and also I always thought it would be murder not to tip them which we generously did before we checked out.

Surrounding area:
-A must is hands down the "Zug Spitze" which is a combination between a train and a cable cart ride to the top of the mountain.It had a cost, I'm not going to lie to you but it was worth every single penny.The panoramas you would have from there are out of this world.Food and drinks are so cheap up there that is unbelievable.
-Went on a boat tour across Eib See which was quite nice.Ridiculous awesome view of the mountain again.The ride was dirt cheap.We rented one of those pedaling thingies for 10E/h for 4 people.
-Food wise there are a couple of places that you shouldn't miss out:
#1 Pizza Colosseo - Genuine Italian pizzeria -the best pizza I ever had in my life and I'm a pizza expert (or I think I am)
#2 Asia World - Asian food all you can eat buffet
#3 There is an Italian Gelatteria in the city center but I cant remember what was the name.They had really good Italian ice cream.I think they were situated just before Alpi's Kebab shop.

As a word of advise do try to stay away from any kebab shops in Garmisch (specifically away from Alpi's Kebab). They are quite bad and they have nothing in common with any other kebab shops in Germany.

To wrap-up my review I would highly recommend the location itself and the hotel we've stayed in just because they really know what they are doing and they really know how to make their customers feel valued.
I hope I didn't missed out anything in my review and I hope you will find it helpful.

Room Tip: Mountain View is a Must
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mihai_Mocanu
Reviewed 22 May 2016

One of best hotels. Cleanness, wonderful afternoon tea, excellent service, and a management committed to customer service. Without question- a great bargain and experience. Excellent dinner and bar. Friendly and caring management .

Stayed: April 2016