All reviews the main train station stay there again breakfast staff made to order eggs comfortable room spa area within walking distance pool and sauna front desk staff bathtub balcony town tubs
Reviewed 28 June 2016

We've booked with this hotel because we wanted to visit the German Alps and we wanted to be as close as possible.
The manager at the reception was more than kind and helpful with all our queries.His English was very good by the way.
When I booked I was quite sceptical be cause we had to spend an extra £30 to get the wanted mountain view. I've tried to do that before with other hotels we've been with but it all turned out to be just a marketing scam and we always ended up overpaying for what it was offered.
In this particular case the mountain view was gorgeous and it was worth every penny. My advice would be for anyone who is planning on getting accomodation with them to get the mountain view room upgrade, you will not be disappointed (unless its really foggy outside and you can't see the peaks but that's not their fault it's just mother nature playing tricks on you...or just karma :)
I will try to give as many details about our experience with them as possible.

The room:
-minibar was quite well stocked and the prices were more than acceptable for a hotel minibar
-the bathroom had a heated floor which was really nice considering everything is marbled all around
-the room had very well documented brochures and maps with loads of stuff to do around

The Hotel:
-Spa areas quite small but very clean and looked after so that wasn't an issue at all
-Garden area with sun beds was really good (they don't do cocktails though cause its...Germany so we had Weiss Bier instead so no problems there either)
-Breakfast was really nice with first class service included.Wide variety of foods and really tasty freshly squeezed juice.
-They had a tea time event during the day when they would serve a wide range of quality tea blends between 4 and 6 o'clock in the afternoon.That was a really good touch in my opinion.
-Service was great , the waiter that always tended our table was brilliant and courteous with every occasion.I always liked waiters that try really hard to make you feel valued as their customer and also I always thought it would be murder not to tip them which we generously did before we checked out.

Surrounding area:
-A must is hands down the "Zug Spitze" which is a combination between a train and a cable cart ride to the top of the mountain.It had a cost, I'm not going to lie to you but it was worth every single penny.The panoramas you would have from there are out of this world.Food and drinks are so cheap up there that is unbelievable.
-Went on a boat tour across Eib See which was quite nice.Ridiculous awesome view of the mountain again.The ride was dirt cheap.We rented one of those pedaling thingies for 10E/h for 4 people.
-Food wise there are a couple of places that you shouldn't miss out:
#1 Pizza Colosseo - Genuine Italian pizzeria -the best pizza I ever had in my life and I'm a pizza expert (or I think I am)
#2 Asia World - Asian food all you can eat buffet
#3 There is an Italian Gelatteria in the city center but I cant remember what was the name.They had really good Italian ice cream.I think they were situated just before Alpi's Kebab shop.

As a word of advise do try to stay away from any kebab shops in Garmisch (specifically away from Alpi's Kebab). They are quite bad and they have nothing in common with any other kebab shops in Germany.

To wrap-up my review I would highly recommend the location itself and the hotel we've stayed in just because they really know what they are doing and they really know how to make their customers feel valued.
I hope I didn't missed out anything in my review and I hope you will find it helpful.

Room tip: Mountain View is a Must
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mihai_Mocanu
Reviewed 22 May 2016

One of best hotels. Cleanness, wonderful afternoon tea, excellent service, and a management committed to customer service. Without question- a great bargain and experience. Excellent dinner and bar. Friendly and caring management .

Date of stay: April 2016
Reviewed 28 March 2016 via mobile

I arrived in the night, the man in the reception was very unfriendly. The hotel is nice, looks good and has a nice atmosphere, bug the room was very cold, even thought I'd turn on the heating on the maximum, it would not get the room less cold. There's a nice spa area too, open until 9 pm.

Date of stay: March 2016
Reviewed 9 March 2016 via mobile

A very impromptu getaway. Wittelsbacher Hof Swiss Quality Hotel was easy to find. Great location to the mountains for easy skiing.

We checked into the hotel around 6. Check in was easy. Headed to our room. A little nervous that it was going to be small bc the hallways/stairwells were small. The room was spacious with a large bed. A nice bathroom too. Our over looked a small river and a busy street which was a bit of a bummer but the river was lovely.

Breakfast was included in our deal and I'm SO happy it was. A great breakfast, a great selection of eggs, cappuccino, fruit, breads, meat and cheeses. A typical German breakfast.

Easy check out.

The only negatives. 1st Parking is bit difficult if you park in the garage. They only have about 6 parking spaces in the garage. With a very steep grade of a hill to get in and out without knowing the space below. Street parking is available if you can find it. 2nd the cost was a little high for a one night stay.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2015

The good...

1. The restaurant food is pricey but delicious and worth the money.
2. The restaurant staff (particularly the girls) were incredibly friendly and hard working providing great service.
3. Breakfast was very good. Eggs/scrambled eggs can be ordered.
4. The owner changed our room and offered a major discount after we were put in a room that had recently been painted.
5. Great live music during Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinners.
6. Proximity to the center of Garmisch.
7. Pool/Wellness area.

Other...
1. Internet could be better. It works OK -- but spotty at times.
2. Pool could have been a couple degrees warmer. Once in and swimming, it was OK.

Room tip: 2nd Floor rooms have great views.
Date of stay: December 2015