“Good food”
Review of Thang Long

Thang Long
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Went for dinner with the wife and kid into this small eastern restaurant. We had some sushi, soup and main dishes with some juice and local beer.
Food was served quickly and was very tasty.
We had a bit of a surprise that they only accept cash and we usually don’t carry much with us. Luckily we managed.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

I’m always a tad skeptical of places that cover too many countries’ cuisines on their menu and this place was no different.
Japan- The Tamago nigiri was 220E for a single piece. Thang Long, they are always a set of 2 just like the picture on your menu but for whatever reason you only serve one. 220 for a sliver of sweet egg and sushi rice? Whatever, my kid loves tamago so I ordered it. Just the one tho. She liked it.
Thailand- beef yellow curry was tasty. Came with rice and was def a decent amount for 12E
China- chicken chow mein was also tasty but when they said veggie they meant a lot of bean sprouts. Noodles are cheap so a bigger noodle presence would have made the dish even better
Vietnam- the imperial rolls were yummy but slightly over cooked. The wrap wasn’t rice paper (more like egg rolls) so maybe they were actually egg rolls (??)....Anyway, the pho ga (chicken pho) was okay. Would have been better without the lemon grass which Was very fibrous. My son loves beef pho but the noodles were wrong (flat noodles) and the lemongrass was again an unwelcomed addition. We’ve had too many amazing phos to say that these were must have items. They were just okay and def did not hit the spot for us.
All in all, staff was nice, food didn’t take long (especially for such a crowded restaurant) and although we didn’t love the phos at all, I’d be willing to try another rice plate if I ever dine here again.
Oh, super kids friendly. There’s a kid menu and a little toy shelf with a variety of toys for kids to borrow while you wait. I’m a germaphobe so it pained me a little to see my kids so happy to touch everything, but it was worth it to not have them bored while waiting.

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

The water was 3,50 euro per GLASS. For two adults and two small children we paid 14,00 euros...for WATER. Then there was our waiter who played Fortnite on a big screen with headphones in the middle of the restaurant during our meal. Need I continue?

Reviewed 26 July 2018

We had high hopes because we hadn't eaten any decent Asian food after two years of living in Italy.

Bottom line, the customer service was quite poor. Our waiter was more interested in playing first-person multiplayer shooter games on a large screen TV, (in the middle of the restaurant) than he was in getting our order right. They brought out one wrong dish and almost brought out a dish that we didn't order.

When they brought the check, they charged us E3.50 per glass of water. They did not leave a bottle on the table, they served us a coca-cola glass of water. That came to 14E or $16.42 for 4 glasses of water for two adults, a 7-year-old and 5-year-old.

Considering that I normally purchase a gallon of water for less than 1E, I honestly thought that this was a mistake because this is not a fine dining restaurant.

Before I left, I interrupted our waiter's video game, just to confirm that the price was correct, and to tell him that it felt like a rip-off. He laughed it off. At least he took off his headphones and talkback mic to not distract his team on the game.

The food was average, and I'm giving it a 1 for the customer service. I've waited tables before, and this service was terrible. In hindsight, I missed out on an opportunity to try some of the amazing Bavarian food in the area.

Trust, me you'll find better Pho, but you're in Bavaria, surrounded by some of the best food Europe has to offer. In the spirit of the late Anthony Bourdain, I'd suggest eating locally.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

Sunday afternoon lunch found me and a small group of tourist looking for a lunch option. We had driven by Thang Long earlier. Some of the group decided for us we would have Vietnamese as they wanted a Pho.

Menus are in German and English. As the area hosts a US Military facility, they get a fair number of Americans as well as other international tourists. At least one of the wait staff spoke English well enough to serve us.

I had the Nasi Georing, a fried rice, beef, chicken, prawns with loads of bean sprouts dish that was absolutely delicious. Big portions, almost enough for 2 people. The Phos were massive, soupy with loads of meat and veg. While I didn't have one I would consider it next time.

Next time I'm in GaPa I'll be back!