“Desert with an awesome view ”

Gasthaus Cafe Graflhoehe Windbeutelbaron
Price range: USD 7 - USD 23
Cuisines: German, Cafe
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Dear Guest,We are very happy to greet you here in our lovely home.Whether for lunch or afternoon coffee and cake , we wish you a relaxing visit as you enjoy our spectacular mountain views. Everything we have to offer is prepared using only the freshest of meats and vegetables. Our pastries and cakes are home made and prepared with locally harvested eggs and the finest ingredients. Even our "Windbeutel", for which we are famous, are baked fresh daily and prepared in a variety of ways.The recipe for this house specialty has been a well kept secret for over 40 years. The Windbeutel was originally created by a pastry chef from Berlin, who frequently vacationed here in our home. We hope you enjoy your time here with us and thank you for your visit. We are open 10 am to 6 pm every day, but Wednesday. Unfortunately, we don't offer dinner, but we would be glad to serve you lunch (from 11 am to 4 pm).Our restaurant is easy to find. Just follow the road signs up the hill to "Kehlstein" and exit the roundabout on the road that leads further up the hill. After another 3 minutes of driving, you'll see our sign, which says "Gasthaus Graflhöhe", on your right.We are happy, if you are.As the guests are the center of our acting, we and our staff are hosts for who kindliness and cordiality are top priority.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Nice restaurant in the mountains. You definitely need to try one the Windbeutel.
They are huge and tasty.
Besides that, you'll have an awesome view.

Reviewed 15 October 2018

We were lured in by a blog I saw touting the cream puffs. The restaurant is a bit off the beaten path but once you find it has gorgeous views. Operating hours are a bit limiting and they only serve warm food until 4:30pm and close at 6pm. We arrived around 4:30pm and only tried the cream puff - definitely photo worthy but I have had better-tasting cream puffs (Wisconsin state fair actually). But, if you haven't had a WI state fair cream puff you'll love these just fine!

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

First of all, food orders only till 16:30 (04:30pm). Parking is limited, but it’s possible to stay at roadside.

So let’s talk about the food cuisine: Awesome meals and special desserts! You can sit outside or inside and enjoy the stunning view. I recommend a trip to the eagles nest and afterwards this beautiful restaurant, enjoy...

Reviewed 30 September 2018

On our way walking to the Eagles Nest we stopped here for a Windbeutel which is a very large choux pastry filled with fresh cream and surrounded with fruit. We shared one between the 2 of us. Amazing views and lovely staff. Not to be missed if you're anywhere near.

Reviewed 26 September 2018

We arrived at about 1pm and parked at the top of the hill in a layby and began the descent down to the cafe. Be sure to consider the climb back up when you're making your choice from the menu!!

The staff were friendly and happy to speak in both German and English. As we hadn't booked, a waitress informed us of a five minute wait before a table would be available. The short wait paid off as we were lucky enough to be seated in one of the prime positions, with a front row seat of the spectacular Alpine view!

The menu has a wide choice of cream puff fillings and although our menu was in German, it was fairly easy to understand. My advice would be not to waste your appetite on the savoury items - go straight to the desserts!! (Although I did see the biggest omelette ever!) My co-eater had the Schneibstein cream puff; chocolate sauce, cream and vanilla ice cream. It was large but not as large as the ice cream sundae I had - mounds of vanilla and chocolate ice creams, whipped cream and chocolate sauce, topped with a wafer - incredible! It actually beat me (and I like to think of myself as a dessert connoisseur, so it's highly unusual that I can't finish a sundae!!)

My only suggestion would be some kind of pulley system to make climbing the hill after eating a little easier!!