“Brilliant for post opera!!”
Review of Weihenstephan

Weihenstephan
Ranked #19 of 205 Restaurants in Bayreuth
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

We ate here after an opera at the Festspielehaus. Lovely atmosphere, great local food, local wine and lovely staff.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

We thought goose had disappeared from German menus - except at Christmas. Not here! Goose breast is a regular feature, served with rosti and an excellent sauce. Don't miss it!

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

I really loved this restaurant. Local franconian food for fair prices, great beer, a traditional, typical franconian interior but yet not old-fashioned, friendly and efficient service, what else do you expect from a restaurant? The wild pig I had was delicious, the same for the dark Weihenstephan beer, and the apple beignets were again great.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Based on the reviews of this place, I set my GPS and found it easily! The service was very prompt and the food was very good. I had the recommended Wiener schnitzel. I really enjoyed it!

Reviewed 25 August 2016

I'm fairly sure that every time I stay in Bayreuth I eat here. It's a very well known name and very popular during Festival time. I always want to enjoy traditional German dishes, so I had a traditional Sauerbraten (roast beef in a rich gravy) with dumplings and red cabbage. It was delicious, and I continued with Apfelkuchli, which is basically apple dough rings with custard. The waitress was efficient and dressed in traditional German dress. It was a multi-national group of customers. Always worth a visit.