2,144 results
All reviews great hotel an early flight exhibition centre business trip excellent stay rooms are modern business hotel s bahn breakfast buffet would stay again movenpick messe arrivals convenience proximity conference germany
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Background info - My husband and I along with one other couple stayed at this hotel for 3 nights for our 2 week trip in Europe. I booked all the hotels for this trip for all 4 of us except for this hotel where I used my friend's account (also in this trip) so he can use his points. The hotel was booked almost a year ago to take advantage of their early bird rates.

We arrived at the hotel around midnight after a long day of travelling. Without much thinking I gave my passport to the check in staff to look for my booking. The check in staff (his name was Marco) advised he couldn't find my booking and asked me if it was booked under another name. At this point I was really worried I just dug out the print out of our expedia confirmation and handed to him. He proceeded to make a photocopy of the print out and advised he still couldn't find my reservation for the 2 rooms.  I then looked at the expedia confirmation again and realized it was booked under my friend's name. He then found the reservation and everyone was so relieved that we have a place to stay for the night.

What happened next is what I found completely unnecessary - he proceeded to lecture me in front of everyone in the lobby: "you wasted 12 minutes of my time looking for your reservation all because you didn't know who booked the hotel. I asked you if it could be under someone else and you said nothing".

At this point I was completely  shocked since I never blamed him for anything why is he so defensive and felt like he needs to lecture me?

I answered - "but didnt i hand you a print out of the confirmation immediately? Shouldn't you be able to tell by the confirmation number and who's name it's under?" He didn't seem to like my comment so not wanting to make a scene and delay this even further I apologized on the spot (which I regret now).

He then proceeded to allocate my husband and I to the worse room in the hotel (a room on the 1st floor right next to boardrooms where meetings are held). I didn't know until the day after that he gave my 2 friends an upgraded room above the category we booked. I didn't try to get my rooms changed or anything since I'm fine with the room but it's just a really bad feeling that he took advantage of his power as a check in staff to make me feel bad for wasting his time.

All the other check in staff were nice though so it's not movenpick's fault. Another check in staff named Lisa was super nice and sorted out our bookings the next morning and apologized profusely on what happened. I would advise future travelers that if Marco is checking you in, you should be very careful not to waste any of his time so he doesn't lecture you and give you a bad room.

The hotel itself is great even though we got a bad room. I didn't feel like unpacking and repacking to change it. I'm rating this one star because this is the worse treatment I've ever had from a hotel staff and I don't think it's acceptable from a movenpick hotel.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank snoweeeee
moevenpickhotel1, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to rate us on Tripadvisor. We deeply regret that your experience was not in the positive way we usually strive to do things.

I would like to tell you, that the treatment you’ve experienced at our reception does in no way reflect our understanding of our service quality. Please rest assured that this will be discussed and actioned internally, so that it will not happen again. We sincerely apologize if we made you feel unwelcome - it was definitely not our intention.

Should you consider visiting Stuttgart once again, I would be happy to have the opportunity to make up for this experience and to apologize in person. You can contact me directly via juergen.koehler@movenpick.com for any assistance.

Dear Guest, we wish you all the best and would be happy to welcome you back again one day.

Jürgen Köhler, General Manager – Mövenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

Hi Dear officials
We are very pleasure from your all hotel service.
Especially, Mrs. Anja Woelky is very polite and She always smile against the guests. Her service is really great and polite. As a whole Sun Express Flight Crew, we are very happy from her service. We would like to say thank you to Dear Anja Woelky and We wish you continued her success.

Send:Sun Express Flight Crew

Trip type: Travelled on business
moevenpickhotel1, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your feedback on Tripadvisor and your stay in our property.

We are more than happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you highlighted our friendly staff and the comfort in our hotel. We will be more than glad to share your kind words with our team!

We will look forward to welcoming you back again soon and wish you all the best for the meantime.

Kind regards

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

Rooms are specious and clean. Bathroom too. Breakfast is perfect. Staff is very nice and helpfull. Airport is 3 minutes away. I was there for a business trip and conference was right next to the hotel, less than 5 minutes away. So perfect hotel, perfect location, I really have nothing I could complain about. :)

Trip type: Travelled on business
moevenpickhotel1, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to rate your stay at the Mövenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our location was an advantage for your visit to Stuttgart.

We hope you had a pleasant trip back home and we are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Jürgen Köhler, General Manager – Mövenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

What a lovely hotel this is and you can walk to it from the airport! The rooms are well equipped with mini car, flat screen tv and everything you would want from a hotel. It’s fitting are excellent and a lot very feel to it! Staff are great and the breakfast was great too! It was beanie for money at £100 a night! I would definitely recommend staying here! Great hotel!

Trip type: Travelled on business
moevenpickhotel1, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this wonderful comment on TripAdvisor. Your kind words are a great motivation and we will gladly share them with our team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Stuttgart. We wish you all the best.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

The whole hotel is stylish and elegant. People at the reception desk and in the restaurant are wonderful and very helpful and welcoming. The breakfast buffet offered a huge choice of food. The room was clean, very comfortable, unbelievably quiet (which is very important to me), there were three different pillows on the bed, and of course, there were a couple of welcome chocolates and a free bottle of water. There was also a writing desk and a nice armchair with a footrest. If I ever come back to Stuttgart, I know where I am going to stay :). Thanks, Mövenpick!

Room tip: I had a room on the top floor, far away from the elevator. I guess that is a good combination to get a quiet room.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
moevenpickhotel1, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and for your kind and detailed feedback.

We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly our great service and our rooms.

It would be a pleasure to welcoming you back again soon and wish you all the best for the meantime.