“Musty smell and so rude staff”
Review of Hotel Mack

Hotel Mack
Ranked #133 of 146 Hotels in Stuttgart
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Great location surrounded by the most important places in Stuttgart; train station, hospitals and shopping streets. Still I can smell the mold. I became so sick and having three months of treatment for chest pain and sensitivity. The room so tiny and the wall very thin that you can hear everything outside. Not bad buffet breakfast. The wireless internet so annoying, you need always to sign in even if you left it for 5 minutes. The staff are very rude except for a nice lady with black hair. Once we arrived to check in they asked us to pay for each night in advanced and daily for more than one week they were waiting and asking us for the day's payment! I told them this is not mentioned in the Booking Conditions but they didn't have logic answer and so I told them this will effect their reputation through reviews and he didn't take care of it. I think the manager of this hotel is a good person but he is hiring a very bad and rude staff which may effect his hotel's reputation.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor more cleaner.Ask 4 train st. view.
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Ourdream2
There are newer reviews for Hotel Mack

Reviewed 11 April 2011

Hei there,

I am writing here with regards my hotel reservation that I have made for the period of (26.03.11 - 28.03.11) at Mack Hotel in Stuttgart (Kriegerstr. 7, 70191, Stuttgart, Zentrum, Germany). I have made this booking with terms and conditions of free cancelation. As I arrived on the date to the hotel, I was asked to sign the hotel room contract for the booking made, pay for the room before I was even able to see the room and I was charged € 95 from my account on the day of (26.03.11).. right before the girl at the reception gave me the keys to the room. I didn't liked the room... I didn't stayed at this hotel.. because the look of the room they offered me was not what I was expected to get and pay for (smelly room and dirty walls). After talking to the girl from the reception and told her that I can't stay two days in this room.. I was promised that I will get in 3 days the full refund of the money that I have payed to this hotel. Which didn't happened yet after 3 weeks.
I have contacted via email the hotel with regards this problem and asking them to kindly refund my money as promised but they wont reply now to my mail. I have also friends in Stuttgart which they have contacted the hotel owner personally and explain him the situation about this booking and he is refusing to refund my money back.. and telling me that he will fire the girl from the reception for telling me that they will refund the money. I am wondering what is going on????
After they take my money on the day they are now refusing to communicate and sort this problem out in a friendly way.

Be aware when booking for this specific hotel!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank AdrianBaiceanu
Reviewed 28 October 2010

We were pointed to this hotel late evening, becouse in the one we actually booked there were no rooms.We had no time to look for another hotel the day we came as well the next day because we spent whole day out on dog show. Our room occured to be placed in basement with gorgeous view on tyres of cars parked outside .It smelled tobaco and wasn't pretty .It occured we have only 2 beds so they gave us finaly the second one- a touristic one!Toilet and bathroom outside, quite close to room but oldfashioned.Toilet smelled urine so strong we couldn't stand it. When wechecked in receptionist told he thought us dogs are allowed, second one in the morning even showed how to get to park but the third one -3rd day of stay, seemed to be unwell with dogs, told we need to pay for them extra as they are not allowed.I ignored his request of course but he made me angry again.
First day breakfast was ok -egs, ham, cheese, tomatos ,jam, flakes, juices, yoghurt but on the second day we came there later- at 9 so there were only few things left - 2 last pieces of ham and cheese.I asked the lady who was in the kitchen to bring us some eggs and tomatos but she couldn't understand a word in english; finally I managed to translate it into german but she still couldn't help, at the end brought 4 egs for 5 people who were trying to eat something.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank natasza77
Reviewed 15 October 2010

Arrived in stuttgart by train for a one night stay
The Hotel Mack is only a short walk away from the train station which is the only thing it as in its favor
On arrival i was asked to pay for the room & breakfast in advance which at the end of the stay i now know why
When first entering the room there was a very unplesant smell and a dirty chair in the corner of the room with black stains all over it and the bed also had stains on the mattress
When going into the bath room there was no light in there so had to keep the door open
The towels looked like old worn dish clothes with holes in them and also mold in the shower area
Me & my partner stayed out all night around stuttgart so we would not have to sit in the hotel room
When we got back late that night we both slept on top of the bed with how clothes on fully dressed and put how own towels over the pillows so we would not get in contact with the dirty bed
In the morning we declined the breakfast and left the Hotel

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2008

We stayed at this hotel for one night after getting a late flight into Stuttgart, arriving at the hotel at approx 0100h. The reception is manned until 0300h so this wasn't a problem. We paid 45 Euro for a double room with shared facilities, the facilities were clean throughout. Breakfast was served from 0645h until 1000h, the usual continental breakfast which was well presented and fresh.

The hotel is a five minute walk to the main station. We stayed here due to cost and distance from the station, and were happy with both. There are other hotels closer, but you'd pay more. We could leave our luggage here for the day while we toured Stuttgart, before collecting the bags and leaving.

As an aside, we booked this on the Stuttgart tourist information website, which was very informative I thought

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple