All reviews clean bed linen minute walk from the hotel cold cuts reception desk supermarket station
Reviewed 10 January 2017

Messehotel Waldhorn
October 18 to 23, 2016

I lost count how many times over the years we have stayed at the Messehotel Waldhorn, but every year on our annual visit to Stuttgart it is our Home away from Home.

This Hotel is a family operation over several generations and it is now managed by very capable Hotel Manager Julia Kussmaul - Stanco and her husband. We always choose to stay in room No.7, it has twin beds with clean linen , pushed together, the mattress is good and you will sleep well here, the room is in a quiet location . There is a flat TV screen and ample closet space and the room is clean. Free Wi-Fi is offered as well. In the bathroom you have a shower, W/C , a sink, a hairdryer is available from the reception. The staff is very friendly and service oriented, ( Ms. Mauch, Mr. Laib ) on the job here for many years.
Many choices of food items await you for Breakfast, such as soft boiled eggs, Cheeses, Cold Cuts, Fruit Juices, Yogurt, Quark, Fresh Fruit, Cereals , a selection of Breads & Croissant including Coffee & Tea.
On Property there is free parking, shopping is near by, the Super Market is located across the street & a Butcher is right next to the Hotel… take a three minute walk and you will be on the main shopping street. The Hotel offers ticket sale for the S-Bahn to go downtown Stuttgart, to go to the station is about a 10 minute walk .

Over the years we have never been disappointed in staying at the “ Messehotel Waldhorn “ and certainly will stay there again in Spring 2017.. Keep up the good work

Room Tip: we love room No. 7
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

This is the only hotel I can find for this time as others are all sold out. Glad to have a place to stay. Room is small but has everything. Hotel stuff is very friendly. When I arrived at late night, they even offered free water. Couple things can be improved such as the bed sheet and pillow case. They looks not so clean. Also the wall is too thin and not sound proof. A lot noise in the early morning so you can not sleep. Breakfast is standard. Oh, forgot to mention they only accept cash or debit card. I have seen this a lot in Germany. A little bit surprise as most Biz in development countries are accepting major credit card now to boost the business such as in in China, but here, in Germany, not accept major credit card? Are you kidding me?

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 July 2015

Messehotel Waldhorn June 08 to June 13, ( 5 nights )

we have stayed at the Messehotel Waldhorn in Stuttgart-Degerloch for many, many years and always come back each year. This Hotel feels like “ Family “ to us. The Waldhorn is a Family operation and they really pay attention to detail and that their guest leave happy and are well taken care of. The Waldhorn is located close to the Stuttgart Airport too.

We always stay in room No. 7, which works for us. It is a large room has two twin beds, comfortable to sleep on, clean bed linen, a desk a flat screen TV, the bathroom is clean including the towels.

There is a good selection of food items for breakfast, cold cuts, cheeses, eggs, Yogurt, fruit salad. If you want something special, at 8:00 AM go next door to the Butcher shop and pick up some “ Fleischkaese “ hot right out of the oven it is delicious and have it with your breakfast. Also if you are looking for a Supermarket, there is one right across the street. The Hotel is in close range to shopping , Restaurants and Cafe’s.

The staff you came in contact with is friendly and have been on the job for several years, there is free parking available too. Should you stay three days in Stuttgart , go to the Front Desk and buy a three day Ticket for the S-Bahn which is about a 10 minute walk from the Hotel. This is the best & fastest way to go to the Center of Stuttgart which will take about 15 minutes.

We highly can recommend staying at the Messehotel Waldhorn and we will be back and thank the people who always take good care of us.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2014

we have been staying at the " Hotel Waldhorn " in Stuttgart-Degerloch over the last 14 years and are always well taken of and satisfied with the room & service. We use this Family operated Hotel for our annual Stuttgart visit which is very convenient. With the S-Bahn ( buy your three day pass at the reception-desk ) you are just about 10 minutes away from downtown Stuttgart. The town of Degerloch is a nice, clean quiet place far away from the hassle of the big city. There is some good shopping there too using small business establishments. Opposite the Hotel there is a Super-Market.

The Hotel is very clean, the rooms ( renovation has taken place ) are clean and functional . Perhaps the TV needs to be upgraded to a " flat screen " now... the beds are comfortable to provide a perfect sleep. The breakfast is good too, including coffee,Yogurt, fresh rolls, cereals, with a selection of sausages ( cold cuts ) and cheeses ( and the selection goes on ) . You can park your car free of charge at the Hotel too. The Staff is very friendly and accommodating. We salute Manager Julia, her husband Nino, Mr. Laib & Ms.Mauch for a " Job well done " and providing a wonderful family atmosphere for it's guests.

We shall return in Spring 2015.... we can recommend this Hotel for your forthcoming visit.

Room Tip: we love room # 7
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Erfurt
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Yes, the hotel was cheap, and I didn't expect five star luxury. So while I was surprised to see just how tiny the room was, I did not need more space. Really, for the money I paid, that was totally fine. How small was the room, you are wondering? Well, I had my phone plugged in to charge by the bed's headboard, and I was still using it while sitting on the loo. That's how small. The bed was tiny, too, and for persons over 6 feet might become a bit of a challenge.

Breakfast in the morning (an additional 7 Euros) was standard German fare, and the price seemed fair.

There was a supermarket across the street, open until 10pm (at least during the week). That came in very useful.

The light for the night entrance didn't work, and the parking lot in general was very dark.

Other than that, it was clean, and functional. If I need an affordable place to spend a night in that area of Stuttgart again, I'd book this place, again. However, if I were to spend a little longer in Stuttgart, with the possibility of actually spending time in my hotel room, I'd go for something bigger.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo