Althoff Hotel Am Schlossgarten
  • Pool
USD 126
USD 116
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 159/night.

ARCOTEL Camino(Stuttgart)
USD 131
USD 118
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Park Inn by Radisson Stuttgart(Stuttgart)(Great Value!)
USD 82
USD 68
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 85/night.

Ibis Stuttgart City(Stuttgart)(Great Value!)
USD 79
USD 216
USD 126
USD 172
USD 98
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 111/night.

USD 151
USD 122
ibis Styles
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstrain stationturn down servicemichelin star restaurantpark viewjunior suitethe main shopping streetluxury hotelroom servicetourist informationsuperb locationthe hotel staffshopping areabreakfast buffetwould stay againchristmas marketvisiting stuttgartmercedes benz
Reviewed 22 October 2017

The location of this hotel, near to the underpass for the station, round the corner from a main shopping street, near the tourist information and the hop-on hop-off bust stop is excellent.

The public areas of the hotel were very smart, with a large lobby, cocktail lounge, cafe and restaurant. We had breakfast one morning in the restaurant and it was very good with pleasant staff. After that we had breakfast either at the nearby Bakery or the department store, as we did not wish to have such a full breakfast everyday. The cafe, which did not open until 10.00 a.m. was very nice, with delicious gateaux, ice-creams and drinks. We did not dine in the restaurant as we had arranged various evenings with friends.

We had a double room on the 6th floor which overlooked the park. Although the room was small, that would not have been a problem except that there were no drawers or shelves for our belongings, only hanging space in the wardrobe. We had to keep many personal items and clothes in our suitcases, otherwise leave things on the desktop. I mentioned this on checkout, but was told that larger rooms have chest of drawers. I would have thought that adequate storage is a basic requirement for any hotel room. I think the room was only suitable for a one night stay when you would not have too much luggage. Also, the room was very hot, even though we had the air conditioning on full.

I do not want this to be thought a negative review, however, as my husband and I enjoyed staying at the hotel. My husband was provided with a birthday dessert in the room - a lovely touch and much appreciated. We would definitely stay here again but would hope that our room would have more storage to meet our needs.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
AlthoffHotelGroup, Manager at Althoff Hotel Am Schlossgarten, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Avalon123,
thank you very much for your stay at the Althoff Hotel am Schlossgarten and for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor. It is a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us - I will be sure to share your comments with my team and thank them for making your stay special.

Please note that you are more than welcome to contact our reservations department directly next time to help you with reserving a bigger room with more storgae which will meet your expectations; for example our Deluxe rooms with 32sqm have big wardrobe and also a nice park view.

We would be happy to welcome you soon back again.

Sincerely

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

We booked a deluxe king room. Our car was valet parked when we arrived. We found the reception staff friendly & gave us good service, showing us everything in our room. The room was nice but smallish, a good bathroom but again smallish but it had a separate shower unit. There was a small safe, really only for things like passport, mini fridge, & free wifi for all devices. The wifi however was terrible it kept dropping out & needing to be reconnected, once connected it was very very slow. We chose to eat in our room one evening & the room service was very good although not much room for things to be set up. Breakfast cost €29pp. The hotel is situated within walking distance from the shopping centre & places like Schlossplatz. Overall we enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
AlthoffHotelGroup, Manager at Althoff Hotel Am Schlossgarten, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear sm05060,

Thank you very much for your stay at the Althoff Hotel am Schlossgarten and for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us - I will share your comments about the service with my team.

I am sorry to read about the inconveniences you had with our Wifi; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. We are aware about the bad quality and are already working on optimising the bandwith.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 16 October 2017

A sad time for Stuttgart: I write this review with a saddened heart as a member of a Swabian family where my father in law met his wife here some 50 years ago. Our family have been regular guests and visited many times this hotel. The service has disappointed over the last year's worse and worse. We felt very insulted on behalf of those people who genuinely suffered a Tsunami during one particular stay the breakfast staff said "we are suffering from a Tsunami". It upset us and we gave direct feedback that it was not appropriate to use such a term when the breakfast room had no table available bright and early not due to the amount of people. The restaurant is not designed with enough tables for 2 people. Such a simple solution to a breakfast chaos problem the hotel has been having for years. Moving on to our most recent stay I describe it like this - one night only - at 9.30am we arrived we checked in and as usual which is no issue were informed that our room would be ready at 3.00pm so we were "promised" that our bags would be put in our room. We went out for the day and returned at 3.40pm and the same receptionist was on duty. She was typing and huffing to her computer for 10 minutes and then finally gave us a key to our room. Our bags were not there. Once we got them after having to make a follow up call we got ready to go to dinner and upon our return at 9.30pm we went to the bar and we ordered a drink. 40 minutes later we still had no drinks and no nuts either. The piano man was playing “Mrs Robinson” at top volume with an air of speed. The “Irish Passion” cocktail was missing. Ryanair could have flown to Stuttgart quicker with the drink. There were 32 guests in the bar most had no drinks, many empty drinks, one table of 4 had their drinks half delivered. That table waited so long for the glass of red wine he gulped back the glass while the waitress had the bottle in her hand and said fill it again clearly desperate as he could not toast with his 3 family members as he was left high and dry with no drink. The 2 staff members were chit chatting with other staff members with no interest. One staff member was simply plain nasty. A neighbouring table was reserved and those guests they were still waiting to put in their order. Their clearly organized romantic evening ruined. We complained and left. We went to our room and our face cloths and some towels had been removed from the room and were not replaced. The next morning we went to the shower there was a small bar of soap with no shower gel or shampoo provided so like a Motel One where you must bring your own. There was no sign to say that the hotel don’t provide washing products any more. That's an all time new negative. There has been a new shower hose replacement installed but it is not suitable as a shower hose it is for a bath therefore everything in the bathroom gets soaked as the light hose can't handle the water. Then upon leaving the bathroom the horror happened the sight before my eyes cockroaches crawling up the curtains. The room is infested. I called the reception desk and let them know immediately I said I am naked and once we are dressed and after breakfast we would go to reception and that we would expect a full refund for our night. We did not order cockroaches for room service. They were present as part of the Deluxe room package. It scares me the thought that there is a Michelin starred restaurant in the building and I don't want to think about those insects potentially crawling around my head while asleep or climbing around the open water glass or even into our suitcases. My other half was naked in the shower and I was half dressed and our doorbell rings with a male and female staff member. The male has a transparent bucket with a lid and a shovel and brush in tow. Firstly, they ignored our do not disturb sign given we were clear that we did not want to be disturbed. Secondly, we did not ask them to come to the room and we were clear in explaining this should be handled after our check out. The man "demanded" to get into the room and he said "we" should be ashamed of ourselves for informing them about the cockroaches. We found the "ganging up" on us as regular guests very dubious indeed. It was as if they were trying to remove the evidence of a crime scene. We packed our bags went to reception and complained again in person. The receptionist just laughed behind our backs, which I saw and I told her off. Any normal hotel would immediately quarantine the area and hire a professional to fumigate as soon as possible. Cockroaches exist but we are not in the tropics and it is a sign that there is real dirt. This is about health and safety. That afternoon we got an Email about setting up a telephone appointment with a manager at the hotel but 20 minutes prior to the Email the hotel deducted the stay from our credit card. What class of a 5 star hotel does something like that. Dear readers close your eyes and imagine a romantic night for 2 persons in a 5 star hotel near high street Stuttgart - not the posh side - and then you learn your not alone your sleeping with cockroaches and you pay for it and all that happens bright and early at 8.30am on a Sunday morning and the last thing on your mind is about having breakfast it is only to get the hell outta there. This is not the Stuttgart cleanliness and friendliness we know. The staff have become extremely rude at the hotel and they should focus on hotel management re-training rather than DIY pest control. The only way is down for this hotel as it stands. Believe me the 1970's style hairdryers and unthought-out room renovations are minor issues. The leading hotel of the world have “quality standards” that are meticulous. On that basis currently run….away from this hotel staff behaviour and of course the cockroaches.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2017

The room was comfortable and had a nice view over looking the park. Shower pressure was great but the bathroom was a bit small.

We used the parking which was very convenient.

Location was perfect for dinner and it was close to the station.

We stayed during the summer festival and it was quite noisy but they did warn us when we were checking in.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
AlthoffHotelGroup, Manager at Althoff Hotel Am Schlossgarten, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear NicNeylon,

I truly appreciate you taking the time to write such detailed and wonderful comments about your stay with us; it will be my pleasure to thank the team for providing such an excellent service to you. As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, the hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectations.

We have a parking garage directly under our hotel with direct access to our lobby - our team at the front office always helps you with your luggage and with parking your car.

We are looking forward to welcoming you very soon back again.

Sincerely

Reviewed 10 October 2017

This was the first hotel we stayed at during our tour of Bavaria. The staff were super friendly, and the room was quite nice. I think the weather (which was close to 80 F) was unusual for September because they had already switched over to heat, so our room was very hot - even with the window open. We asked for a fan for the second and third nights, and it helped, but not enough to allow us a good night's sleep. Also, with the window open, there was a lot of noise from the park below.

The hotel is situated right next to the main train station and a popular shopping district so there are lots of food options nearby. We enjoyed the ability to just leave the car in the garage and tour town on the metro.

The room was smallish, if you are thinking US-style 5-star hotel, but it suited our needs. We appreciated the small touches: robes & slippers, towel warmer, and turn-down service. The breakfast was a buffet for 26 euro per person, but it was quite substantial and tasty. We would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear TravelinKiki,

Thank you so much for your stay at the Althoff Hotel am Schlossgarten and for taking the time to share your feedback. I am very happy to see that your enjoyed your stay with us.

Our hotel is indeed situated in the center of downtown Stuttgart, hence walking distance to the shopping district (the famous Königstrasse), to many cultural highlights and the main train station makes it very easy for our guests to travel to our hotel.

I am sorry to read about your unsatisfying situation concerning the temperature in your room. You are right that we already switched over to heating as the wheather was unusual warm. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies concerning the inconveniences you had.

We hope to be able to welcome you back in our hotel in the near future.

Kindest regards,