“Satisfying, adequate location, nice vibe in bar and clean comfortable rooms”

Mercure Hotel Stuttgart City Center
Ranked #23 of 146 Hotels in Stuttgart
Reviewed 18 September 2017

The hotel has an unexciting exterior but improves as you enter inside and approach reception. To the right is a large-ish bar/restaurant area and a Champions league football game was on so had a good vibe on my arrival night. Bar is large enough to have conversation from away from the football screen too.

I did not have to wait long before I was checked-in and also given a free drinks voucher for use at the bar - I think this is because I have an Accor points card. Friendly, fun and professional staff.

My room was on the first floor and quiet, no traffic noise throughout my stay. The room size was adequate with a desk / bench facing out the window and clean/comfortable double bed. The bathroom was also adequate. My only complaint is that, when I tried my television on the morning of my check-out, it didn't work - it would play sound but no picture regardless of everything I tried with my remote control. Disappointing and I forgot to raise it with the reception team. It was room 112!

There is one ironing room for the entire building and I suspect it might get busy at peaks times although I think I ironed my shirt at 1am with no issue :)

Food at the bar was good especially the Casaer Salad with Bacon / Turkey strips (wow). Nice atmosphere to talking to other people too. And big enough not to feel like you are sat on top of the rest of the people in there. Attentive bar staff too - making sure you have all you need when you need it.

Also there is an U-bahn station (metro line U12 and station Pragfriedhof) that connects directly to the central station in a few minutes so pretty convenient if you want to get to the centre for an evening out.

I spent one night here and was the victim of the usual surge pricing that seems to be common in Germany. Not sure what event was on here but the room was not worth 200+ EUR - victim of circumstance though and this was the cheapest I could find relatively close to the centre. At it's usual pricing I think I would have been much happier - so book in advance so you get the right price.

Price aside, I enjoyed my stay, had fun and was comfortable throughout.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 September 2017

I tend to get a bit suspicious whenever a hotel has to put City Center in it´s name. This time the hotel was not in the city center, or at least where I would have chosen to stay at another visit.

Good hotel, fast check in, good breakfast ok rooms. But not situated very well for walking the city of Stuttgart.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Kimmen1
Desiree B, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Hotel Stuttgart City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear guest,

thank you for your review.
Kind regards

Reviewed 11 September 2017

For a certain reason we stay at this hotel every 2 to 3 months. As always, this hotel experience was quite satisfying. However, unlike on other occasions (including the one we are having right now), the internet Wi-Fi connection was virtually close to none. I don't know what happened--we now stay just a few meters away from that room, and WiFi works perfectly.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Desiree B, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Hotel Stuttgart City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear guest,

thank you for your review.
Please give this information my collegues at the reception.
We can change your room then.

We see us in 1 or 2 months.

Kind regards

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

This Hotel is a mess. Total disaster.
I checked in after a long day of work and the room was terrible. The smell and the bed was the worst bed I have ever slept in. The bathdroom no style at all. Like those old ones really ugly and not confortable. The lady at the check in was nice but that is not enough when everything else is a mess. I would NO recommend this hotel at all. The rooms are not like the pictures. The pillows are really bad quality too.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review about your experience at the Mercure Hotel Stuttgart City Center. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

If you like, you can send us an email or give us a call and we can talk about your stay.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

We stayed at the Mercure in central Stuttgart for 2 nights as part of a trip to the Sting Concert.

Parking was not super clear, but we found that we could park anywhere in the clean underground carpark.

We found that the reception was pretty good, although I was a tad surprised at the lack of information on restaurants in the local area. We did find one basically next door, which was a bonus, but good luck.

We had booked and paid for a double room, which turned out to have two single beds, which we were told was what a double room was.. That was odd, but we were moved to a room with two single beds moved together, but that was fine.

The room was fairly basic but was OK. It did only have one chair though, which was a bit odd.

The room was clean and tidy as was the bathroom.

Breakfast was excellent, but the bar facilities were fairly limited and basic.

I would rate it is follows

Room Quality 8:10 (for the price)
Breakfast was 8:10
Parking was 8:10
Beds were a 6:10
Location 8:10

Return-ability and recommendation would be a 7:10

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Desiree B, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Hotel Stuttgart City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Dear guest,

thank you for your review about your stay in our hotel.
Your feedback is very impotant for us.
We will talk about your experience and it will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Désirée Bubeck