The hotel has an unexciting exterior but improves as you enter inside and approach reception. To the right is a large-ish bar/restaurant area and a Champions league football game was on so had a good vibe on my arrival night. Bar is large enough to have conversation from away from the football screen too.
I did not have to wait long before I was checked-in and also given a free drinks voucher for use at the bar - I think this is because I have an Accor points card. Friendly, fun and professional staff.
My room was on the first floor and quiet, no traffic noise throughout my stay. The room size was adequate with a desk / bench facing out the window and clean/comfortable double bed. The bathroom was also adequate. My only complaint is that, when I tried my television on the morning of my check-out, it didn't work - it would play sound but no picture regardless of everything I tried with my remote control. Disappointing and I forgot to raise it with the reception team. It was room 112!
There is one ironing room for the entire building and I suspect it might get busy at peaks times although I think I ironed my shirt at 1am with no issue :)
Food at the bar was good especially the Casaer Salad with Bacon / Turkey strips (wow). Nice atmosphere to talking to other people too. And big enough not to feel like you are sat on top of the rest of the people in there. Attentive bar staff too - making sure you have all you need when you need it.
Also there is an U-bahn station (metro line U12 and station Pragfriedhof) that connects directly to the central station in a few minutes so pretty convenient if you want to get to the centre for an evening out.
I spent one night here and was the victim of the usual surge pricing that seems to be common in Germany. Not sure what event was on here but the room was not worth 200+ EUR - victim of circumstance though and this was the cheapest I could find relatively close to the centre. At it's usual pricing I think I would have been much happier - so book in advance so you get the right price.
Price aside, I enjoyed my stay, had fun and was comfortable throughout.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Stuttgart City Center offers 174 modern airconditioned rooms and is located in the north of Stuttgart, 800 m from the main train station and the city centre. The international airport and the Stuttgart exhibition centre are 15 km away and easy to reach by car or public transportation within 25 minutes. The hotel also features a restaurant, six conference rooms, a bar, high speed internet and wireless access and basement parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, ACCOR, Evoline ltd, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Odigeo, Agoda, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure Hotel Stuttgart City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Hotel Stuttgart City Stuttgart
- Accor Hotel Stuttgart City Center