All reviews piano bar park wing main building big hotel minute walk business hotel hotel lobby rooms are spacious excellent hotel stayed for one night free internet city centre breakfast was excellent the main train station cemetery conference tunnel
Reviewed 1 December 2016 via mobile

I am staying in this hotel during the week for working purposes.

This hotel is very good and meets all 4* standards. I can say that the restaurant and breakfast with food, the choice and personel even deserve 5* - because it is really perfect.

When you check the details, you can see that this hotel was really top in the 90's, especially if you check the design of the elevators. Don't be afraid, you won't see a cathtode tube TV in your room - it is visible that hotel went under some renovations since then. Some rooms have bath and some rooms have nice modern shower. Rooms are very spacious and clean. The pool and sauna is nothing special - still tastes of the 90's.

The thing I am really dissapointed is the internet. It is working so slow that you cannot even watch youtube normally. I think that hotel offers some better internet for an extra charge for which am for sure not interested and will never pay for it. We are in 2016, the internet around the world became so cheap that this slow speed internet issue is really not acceptable. In my opinion, I would rather have free high speed internet in my room, than a nice new expensive flat TV.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
mmaier_stu, Manager at Maritim Hotel Stuttgart, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2016

Dear guest, thank you very much again for your stay with us and also for your comment on Tripadvisor. It is nice to see that you enjoyed your stay over all and of course I will forward your compliments to my team. The bandwidth from the free WiFi is designed for reading news or writing emails for example. It is right that you have to use the hotspot from our partner Deutsche Telekom for a small fee for a higher bandwidth for more complex works. If it is something like watching videos on you tube you can also use the internet connection on the TV; the bandwidth there allows to stream videos. I apologize for the inconveniences and look forward to your next stay. Kind regards, Alexander Buck, General Manager.

Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

My family came to Stuttgart for a weekend and were looking for an average hotel that will meet our needs. This hotel smells up and it was good. They are located in a location which is close to an U-Bahn station and we walked to a few places directly from the front door. There was a pool and the option for breakfast but it was too expensive for our preference at 22€. For this price, we might as well go to a one of the fabulous breakfast places in Stuttgart. The hotel had nothing amazing but it did its job.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
mmaier_stu, Manager at Maritim Hotel Stuttgart, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2016

Dear guest, thank you very much again for your stay with us and also for your comment on Tripadvisor. It is nice to see that you enjoyed your time here. We also offer smaller à la carte – breakfasts at our Café Espresso. I am very sorry if nobody told you about this option. Kind regards and looking forward to your next stay, Alexander Buck, General Manager.

Reviewed 13 November 2016

Advice would be to ensure the room booked is not in the "wing" as its quite a hike down two flights of stairs along a corridor and then up to the room. The room I had was a junior suite which was all that was available. Reception helpful. About a fifteen minute walk into the City but overall a good hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in main part of the hotel
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
mmaier_stu, Manager at Maritim Hotel Stuttgart, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2016

Dear guest, thank you very much again for our stay with us and also for your comment on tripadvisor. It is nice to see that you enjoyed your time here over all. For sure it is right, that it is a bit to walk to the rooms in the park wing but for this the rooms there are even quieter as the rooms in the main building. The separation into two buildings is due to the construction code for Stuttgart’s inner city. Kind regards and looking forward to your next stay, Alexander Buck, General Manager.

Reviewed 13 November 2016

The Maritim Stuttgart is well located to serve the business traveler or for a weekend in the Swabian capital. The rooms are up the high Maritim standards. Those rooms located at the back of the hotel are especially quiet and still afford one a nice view of the neighborhood and, in some cases, the city itself. The hotel itself is conveniently located on major public transportation lines. It has a large breakfast room with a great breakfast buffet. The staff is very friendly and professional; a great example of Swabian hospitality. The fitness center is well equipped and available all day. This is certainly a good choice for work or play in Stuttgart.

Room Tip: Rooms toward the back of the hotel are off the street and still offer nice views of the city
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear guest, thank you very much again for your stay with us and also for your comment on tripadvisor. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your time here. Of course I will forward your compliments to me team. Kind regards and hope to see you soon again, Alexander Buck, General Manager.

Reviewed 9 November 2016

Nice, clean and tidy. The extremely friendly and helpful front-desk staff went out of their way to do everything to make the stay as effortless as possible. In room TV with a number of channels, comfortable bed and fresly renovated bathroom.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo

Dear guest, thank you very much again for your stay with us and also for your comment on tripadvisor. It is nice to see that you enjoyed your time here and it will be a pleasure for me to forward your compliments to my team. Kind regards and looking forward to your next stay, Alexander Buck, General Manager.