“Delicious Italian food and friendly staff”
Review of Goldoni

Goldoni
Ranked #175 of 1,524 Restaurants in Stuttgart
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 January 2017

I am from the US and was visiting some friends in Stuttgart and we had a dinner at Goldoni that was absolutely fantastic, amazing food and really friendly staff. I had the lammkoteletts, which were simply delicious and perfectly cooked, tender and juicy. I had the dark chocolate truffel eis for dessert, which was otherworldly, and split it with my friend who had the white chocolate version which was also very tasty but not as awe-inducing as the dark one.

The staff was very accommodating and seated us even though we showed up when they were just setting up for the evening, before the official opening time. I only know a few words of German and they were very friendly, joking and playful as I tried to use English or accidentally responded in French (due to French music being played) rather than letting my friends translate my enjoyment of the meal for me. I also enjoyed the music and the staff responded to an e-mail 2 weeks later with my request for information about the songs played, impressive service!

Date of visit: December 2016

Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend are regulars at Goldoni. The service is great and an amazing value! From the food, we love the pizzas but the pastas, meat and fish fishes are great! I absolutely love the gnocchi, carpaccio and panna cotta! Atmosphere is also very pleasant! Definite recommendation.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 25 July 2015 via mobile

Very nice outdoor patio and the homemade gnocchi is amazing.

I don't speak German, but I was able to get by with a little Italian.

Credit cards are accepted.

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed 22 September 2014

There is nothing special about this restaurant:
The food isn't really bad (I've been offered worse), but between 4 adults and 2 children there was not even one dish that was at least somewhat memorable.

The service was awkward, to say the least.

What was shocking however was their approach towards wines: they didn't have a wine list, didn't have a display of the wines they were selling and the few that they were displaying were showing no prices. Upon asking them about wines we were first offered "red or white", upon further digging into the topic they asked me "what do you drink?!", the next question was how much I'd like to spend and so on and so on. At some point while I was still fighting to understand WHAT EXACTLY they're selling they started offering me highly overpriced 40yrs old collector's wines (off topic again!) and at this point I gave up. We just got something they brought us: it was an overpriced simple Rosso di Montalcino, which they presented with a crazy story about how Rosso di Montalcino was being made. The story had nothing to do with the truth, but they felt really good about it...

I've never seen such ridiculous, unprofessional approach towards wine from an ITALIAN restaurant!
Combined with the truly average food I can only call this one mediocre at best.

Certainly a waste of time and money!

Date of visit: September 2014
Reviewed 18 March 2013

The food was wonderful and fresh, the pasta and sauces made fresh in-house. Service was excellent, as were the wine choices and desserts (tiramisu and truffel eis are a must). The atmosphere was cozy and romantic, but also very elegant. The prices are also extremely fair. I will certainly return to Goldoni soon!

Date of visit: March 2013