“Excellent food and service”
Review of Goldoni

Goldoni
Ranked #173 of 1,499 Restaurants in Stuttgart
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend are regulars at Goldoni. The service is great and an amazing value! From the food, we love the pizzas but the pastas, meat and fish fishes are great! I absolutely love the gnocchi, carpaccio and panna cotta! Atmosphere is also very pleasant! Definite recommendation.

Reviewed 25 July 2015 via mobile

Very nice outdoor patio and the homemade gnocchi is amazing.

I don't speak German, but I was able to get by with a little Italian.

Credit cards are accepted.

Reviewed 22 September 2014

There is nothing special about this restaurant:
The food isn't really bad (I've been offered worse), but between 4 adults and 2 children there was not even one dish that was at least somewhat memorable.

The service was awkward, to say the least.

What was shocking however was their approach towards wines: they didn't have a wine list, didn't have a display of the wines they were selling and the few that they were displaying were showing no prices. Upon asking them about wines we were first offered "red or white", upon further digging into the topic they asked me "what do you drink?!", the next question was how much I'd like to spend and so on and so on. At some point while I was still fighting to understand WHAT EXACTLY they're selling they started offering me highly overpriced 40yrs old collector's wines (off topic again!) and at this point I gave up. We just got something they brought us: it was an overpriced simple Rosso di Montalcino, which they presented with a crazy story about how Rosso di Montalcino was being made. The story had nothing to do with the truth, but they felt really good about it...

I've never seen such ridiculous, unprofessional approach towards wine from an ITALIAN restaurant!
Combined with the truly average food I can only call this one mediocre at best.

Certainly a waste of time and money!

Reviewed 18 March 2013

The food was wonderful and fresh, the pasta and sauces made fresh in-house. Service was excellent, as were the wine choices and desserts (tiramisu and truffel eis are a must). The atmosphere was cozy and romantic, but also very elegant. The prices are also extremely fair. I will certainly return to Goldoni soon!

Reviewed 5 March 2012

Located in a quiet residential district about 5 minute walk from Schwabstrasse Sbahn station. Staff were very friendly and accomodating, and service was quick even though the restaurant was full. Very romantic atmosphere with candlelit tables and warm timber decor. We both ordered pizza which was very tasty but one was a little too crispy. Delicious panacotta and tiramisu for dessert. Wine is served by the bottle, and staff advise on a wine to complement the meal. Food was reasonably priced, about 10 euro for a pizza and wine starts at 25 euro. Highly recommended all round.

8  Thank Padraig F