All reviews great pool short stay interior design water pressure pool and gym stayed in this hotel for nights nice hotel the hotel reception the room was nice top floor train station breakfast room nice stay nice breakfast water tower plumbing mattress
Reviewed 11 April 2018

This was my second time staying in the Leonardo. It's so central and perfect for a few days exploring. The staff are fantastic. They helped us out on many occasions and even gave us an upgrade to the advantage club. Rooms are always clean and tidy and the pool on the roof is a saviour after a long day of work or partying. They also came and woke me up after a flash snooze in order to make my bus. Thanks again team Leonardo. See you next time

Room tip: Floor 4 was magic.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Sejida Z, Manager at Leonardo Hotel Mannheim City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Dear Guest,
thank you for your great feedback and your time.
We are looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel.
Best regards, your Leonardo Hotel Mannheim City Center

Reviewed 27 March 2018

The hotel has several strong points:
1. A friendly and helpful staff.
2. A good central location in Mannheim.
3. A point system for future hotel stays.
4. A good breakfast and restaurant.
5. Air conditioning in the summer
6. Clean rooms.
7. Flexibility for check in and out times.
8. No problems with plumbing
9. Overall efficient for my purposes when traveling for business.

I have tried the others, but this is my favorite hotel in Mannheim.

Areas that could be better:
1. TV is at right angle to the bed rather than straight ahead causing an uncomfortable viewing position.
2. A more comfortable chair is needed in the room.
3. brighter lighting is needed in the room.
4. The reading light next to the bed was damaged and couldn't be adjusted for the beset angle.
5. Bed is OK but the mattress is not the best for comfort.

Room tip: Haven't noticed too much difference between rooms, but I generally select the same type room for business.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Sejida Z, Manager at Leonardo Hotel Mannheim City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear Guest, thank you for your feedback and your time. We are glöad, that you enjoy our service. We are looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel. Best regards, your Leonardo Hotel Mannheim City Center

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

This hotel needs a refresh. The decor is very tired and needs modernising. The walls need a repaint. There is a strong smell of stake smoke in particular on the first floor.

The staff are consistently friendly and informative.

The sister Leonardo in Mannheim is a far greater customer experience. This should be your first port of call in Mannheim or the Radisson Blu.

Stay in the Leonardo city center if you are stuck and you want to stay in a city center location with friendly staff and are comfortable with a poor interior.

Great location Leonardo city center, great staff - you need to invest in your hotel.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Sejida Z, Manager at Leonardo Hotel Mannheim City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Dear David, thank you for your feedback and your time. We are glad, that you like the staf. We are looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel. Best regards, your Leonardo Hotel Mannheim City Center

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and would have given a 5 stars rating if it weren't for the following:
Room service knocked on my door and ignored my shouted response and still came in my room within seconds. I had to hide behind the door as I just came out of the shower and was naked. Surely room service should not just barged into someone's room? Even worse I did have a Do not Disturb card displayed on the door handle and I suspect this was taken away by them which was not replaced. I told the lady to return at midday but was ignored as she returned half an hour earlier. The same happened the next day and with no Do not Disturb card being replaced it so it was free for all to come in when they want!

The other issue was the pool, gym and sauna was closed because it was vandalised all at once according to reception which I find hard to believe. How do you vandalise a sauna? Perhaps a rowdy group did this but I was told it was a teenage boy!

I also asked room service for tea to be replaced and the milk and the young girl told me she didn't have any! This was never replaced throughout my stay. Perhaps it's the hotel policy that they should not be replaced to save on costs? I had to get them from reception in the end.

Apart from these issues I was very satisfied with the reception services in particular with Steve.

The breakfast was very good apart from the soggy burnt bacon. There is a good variety of items but no fried eggs or omelettes, only scramble eggs. The restaurant service was very good too.

I am always in Mannheim for 3-4 nights every year for the congress and not sure if I would return unless if management can guarantee better room services. I have used many hotels in the area and one which I can recommend of around the same price / size is the 4 stars Wyndham Hotel where their services are very good!

Leonardo hotel is not as dated as I imagined from the many reviews I have read. I thought the deco was very good and the general atmosphere around 3-4 stars!

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Sejida Z, Manager at Leonardo Hotel Mannheim City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Dear Eddie, thank you for your feedback and your time. We are looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel. Best regards, your Leonardo Hotel Mannheim City Center

Reviewed 26 January 2018

Two day visit for business. Check in was fine, helpful staff on the desk. I arrived at 9.30pm and after getting to my room, rang to try and catch room service to grab a late dinner as I hadn't eaten - to be told it was not available, kitchen was already shut. The room was OK, had a double bed but two single quilts! (?) - the bathroom wasn't great either...desparate for an upgrade!....shower was positioned so it was impossible to avoid flooding the floor and generally it was just dated. Pool and gym not working and closed to guests. Breakfast was OK - wasn't greeted by any staff, so walked in, ate and walked out with no contact from staff at all. The only real positive was the WiFi, which was good and easy to access - which enabled me to work easily. I would only recommend for a very short stay, and if travelling alone....the place is dire need of an upgrade!

Date of stay: January 2018
1  Thank MattCrowley
Sejida Z, Manager at Leonardo Hotel Mannheim City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2018

Dear Matt,
thank you very much for taking the time to evaluate your stay at Leonardo Hotel Mannheim City Center.
Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback.

By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.

Even more, we regret that you were not first-class experience our service.

We would be very happy if you give us the opportunity to review your negative impressions by a further stay, and give us a chance, to show you the quality and the hospitality that we always strive to prove.
With best regards Your Leonardo Hotel Mannheim City Center