Der Blaue Reiter
  • Room Service
USD 301
USD 172
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 287/night.

Hotel Kaiserhof(Karlsruhe)
Hotel Hasen(Karlsruhe)
USD 127
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgreat hotelstayed heremain buildingbeer gardenair conditioning and heatingcomfortable roomsbusiness tripbottle of waterunderground parkinggreat breakfastminute walknice roomhotel is locatedbalconyvogelstreetcity
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

This is my second visit (first visit I had a wonderful room in secondary building) and they upgraded me to the penthouse. I don't what I did to reap such a fortune (should have bought a lottery ticket too). The penthouse was enormous; took me 5 minutes just to discover all the little rooms, doors, light switches. I used the jacuzzi tub to soak away the travel stress...just delightful. Perhaps a better selection of mini-bar snacks (late arrival; no time for dinner). Breakfast was extensive selection and quite tasty. I just love staying here.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank eseaberg
Marcus_Fraenkle, Geschäftsführer at Der Blaue Reiter, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear guest,

thank you very much for your great evaluation and the full points.

We are glad you enjoyed the stay at Hotel Der Blaue Reiter.
It is nice to see that you are happy with the upgrade.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

This is the comment for a Superior suite.

The hotel is in 2 parts, main building with reception and breakfast room, and you have to walk 100 meters in the street from reception to the suites.

A minus for the room that air renewal is not so good. I poured myself a coffee and 3 hours later the room smelled coffee a lot.

Also, probably because I booked on Expedia, they do not give a nice room. Mine was directly facing the street. Although it is a one way street with minimal traffic, you can hear the people speaking in the street, the trucks, etc. Noise isolation with the street is not great.

The gym is a little hard to find, and the directions from the receptionist were not very accurate. You actually have to walk up the stairs of a building to the 2nd floor. I did not see any obvious sign on the street pointing to the gym. The gym has many machines. Make sure to bring you soap because there is no soap dispenser in the gym shower. Also there are very few explanation on the machines, but you can find some friendly staff who can answer your questions.

The room is nice, decorated all in blue, with a thick carpet.

There is only 1 small bottle of body wash and shampoo combined, it is really not a lot. The courtesy water felt like it had been opened for days.

There are a lot of gadgets and buttons to centrally control the lights, AC ventilation etc. Nice if you are into those kind of things.

It is very awkward to watch TV from the Bed because the bed is facing the balcony and the TV is on the table in a corner of the room, not at all facing the bed.

Wired internet provides staggering speeds of 37Mbps download and 6 Mbps upload.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank pptar
Marcus_Fraenkle, Geschäftsführer at Der Blaue Reiter, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear guest,

thank you for your evaluation.
Unfortunately we couldn’t satisfy you with our hotel – I’m sorry for that.
Thanks for the note. We reviewed the air-condition by our technician – it is working again.
We treat all guest equally well – it has no effect to the allocation of your room.
These rooms in our annex “KUBUS” are new and very good in the assessment. Of course you can book a room in our main building – the next time.
The isolation of our windows is up to date and our courtesy water by the firm “Gerolsteiner” is fresh and sealed.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further bottle of body wash or shampoo.
The reception is open 24 hours. My staff will help you with this or other requests you may have.
Furthermore you can find umbrellas in our main building and annex “KUBUS” which you can use anytime.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

What a brilliant find. Exactly as another reviewer reported this hotel is really close to the main route through to Austria. It looks nothing from the outside but once inside the staff, rooms and value for money are fantastic

It has underground parking on site that i booked in advance, our room was the cheapest of our c10 day road trip and yet it was one of the best which then got amazingly better when they offered us a €25 upgrade to a suite that i would say is one of the nicest hotel rooms we have stayed in.

The bath was enormous (it took 45 minutes to fill from proper taps, this being a reflection of the size of the bath, not the poor quality water pressure!) as was the bathroom with huge rain shower and double hand basins.

In terms of location, there were lots of places to eat within a 10 minute walk and whilst Karlsruhe seems a bit off the beaten track it was perfect as a stop over stay. We didn't eat on site, but there was a beer garden that when we arrived was absolutely packed out with c100 people in it - offering beer and bar snacks

A definite find as a hotel cannot speak highly enough of it and would definitely recommend a visit here to anyone on their way through

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J T
Marcus_Fraenkle, Geschäftsführer at Der Blaue Reiter, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Dear guest,

thank you very much for your great evaluation and your nice comments.
I will give your compliments to my staff.
We are glad you enjoyed the stay at Hotel Der Blaue Reiter and we are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

My second time in this hotel and i have to say it is very modern and classy in every way. The staff are so friendly and couldn't be more helpful if they tried.
It is now my hotel of choice when in Karlsruhe on business.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Marcus_Fraenkle, Geschäftsführer at Der Blaue Reiter, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Dear "Aden K",

thank you for the evaluation. I will give your compliments to my staff.
We are glad you enjoyed the stay at our hotel and are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Kind regards

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

'Der Blaue Reiter' hotel is nothing less then perfect! With eye for detail, very clean and spacious rooms with a nice bathroom. We brought our baby with her own baby cot, which we put in the small hallway in our room. The hotel made sure we had an extra bin for the diapers and provided a changing mat. The breakfast provides something for everyone; yoghurt, fruits, a wide range of cereals, bread assorted meat and cheeses and eggs. A large variety of tea or a nice cup of coffee. You can even have a nice glass of prosecco or prepare a Mimosa yourself with the fresh orange juice.
The restaurant downstairs is cosy and 'gemütlich' and very convenient if you are here for a limited period of time.

Our daughter even recieved a present; a blue rubber duck. Like I said; A hotel with an eye for detail. We will definetly be back.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Marcus_Fraenkle, Geschäftsführer at Der Blaue Reiter, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Dear guest,

thank you for this great evaluation.

We are really happy you had a pleasant stay at our hotel.
It is nice to see we made your stay special with small details and a courteous service.

Best regards