“Excellence all around”
Review of Der Blaue Reiter

Der Blaue Reiter
Ranked #2 of 61 Hotels in Karlsruhe
Reviewed 1 March 2016

Can't have it all ... but here you are really close!
Really nice rooms offer everything you need even in standard/single option. Modern fixtures and features, impeccably clean.
Everything is tastefully themed to "Blauer Reiter" impressionist art.
Perfect service by friendly competent knowledgeable staff.
The best hotel breakfast buffet I am aware of (and I've seen a few).
Separate microbrewery/restaurant on site, too!

Room Tip: Be upgraded to the "KUBUS" for extra spectacular rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 February 2016

Fair price for what the hotel offers. Spacey and clean rooms, decent breakfast and very friendly staff. It is downtown, but not in the bussy restaurant and bar area. Underground parking is useful and fair priced.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Marcus F, Geschäftsführer at Der Blaue Reiter, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2016

Dear “DVG59”,

thank you very much for your evaluation.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. My staff will be very happy to see your comments.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 January 2016

I am very very disappointed with this hotel. Which looked good at first but when I entered our "non smoking" room I had anyway to face the disgusting strong smell of smoking.
Another surprise was inside the bath room, where there was just a shower and it looked dark around the siphon. Also one of the stuff was not replying to me in a very friendly way.

Disappointing when you know the price you have to pay.

I liked best: it's good looking, fine.
I didn't like: the awful smell in the room that was supposed to be non smoking and the not so friendly receptionist.

Room Tip: Dont go to this hotel. The room I've been into was stinking.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Sarito88
Marcus F, Inhaber at Der Blaue Reiter, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2016

Dear „Sarito88“,

thank you for the evaluation.
We are really sorry you had a room, which smelled like somebody smoked in it before. If you booked a non-smoking room, you got a non-smoking room. I can’t explain why nobody realized the strong smell in the room before you did. I already talked to my staff because of this case.

The second thing, which is not less important to our house, is the friendliness of our employees. If you got the feeling, that somebody wasn’t speak to you in a friendly way – I want to apologize. Also this is a subject, which I will mention to the person concerned.

Do not hesitate the next time to ask for a dialogue, before you write an evaluation on the internet, with me or my Marketing Manager – who is responsible for complaints, if something is not like you expected.

I hope you will visit us again - so we have the opportunity to prove you - why we usually are the best rated hotel at Karlsruhe.

Best regards,

Reviewed 17 January 2016

I stayed here last month for a business trip. Sadly, only for one night. It was a great hotel. The staff was very friendly, the room was spacious and comfy and the breakfast was fresh and very good. My adapter didn't fit the outlets for some reason, and they kindly had one for me to borrow. Very clean room and very comfy bed. I am looking forward to staying here again for my next trip.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Marcus_Fraenkle, Manager at Der Blaue Reiter, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2016

Dear “MrsBrit”,

thank you very much for your evaluation.
We are glad to satisfy you with our hotel. My staff will be very happy to see your comments.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 22 December 2015

This hotel was a very pleasant surprise. I had work in Baden-Baden for 3 days and picked this hotel as I couldn't find any local place in Baden-Baden. This turned out to be a very good choice.

The hotel is not fancy, but the rooms are well sized and neat. Ditto for the bathroom. The 3-4 types of water carafes at the lobby level was quirky and very nice. The The staff were very friendly and helpful. All had excellent English. Great food, especially breakfast. The room service speed was the fastest I have ever seen. The hotel has an attached restaurant/bar attached to it. This is frequented by the locals and has its own brewery as well.

Their is easy connectivity to all modes of transport.

Room Tip: Doesn't really matter, but prefer the rooms which do not face the street.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank VikasSingh72
Marcus_Fraenkle, Geschäftsführer at Der Blaue Reiter, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2016

Dear “VikasSingh72”,

thank you so much for the evaluation and your nice comments about our hotel and our team.
It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Durlach and we are looking forward to welcoming you again in the Hotel Der Blaue Reiter.

Kind regards,