“More of friendly than formal”
Review of Aposto Karlsruhe

Aposto Karlsruhe
Ranked #162 of 754 Restaurants in Karlsruhe
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Innenstadt-West
Description: Ausgefallene Pizza- und Pastakreationen, wie du sie nirgendwo anders bekommst – mutig, unangepasst und ein klein wenig abgedreht.
Reviewed 1 April 2017

Being one of the Karlsruhe's kids older generation, one know almost everybody and vice-versa. And once that happens, you cannot ask fo different approaches. I feel very comfortable at this venue (am Ludwigsplatz) which is the best location for (half)warm sunny days - most important sunny :) the food and drinks are quite a number on the menu, so far everybody might get something for their appetite. Not sophisticated, OK? And enjoy the sun, almost like in cinema :)

Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

I did not have such high expectations when I was invited to join my colleagues at this Italian restaurant in Karlsruhe (I'm from Italy) but was pleasantly surprised. The pizza was not bad, and neither was the ice cream. The place was a bit commercial for my taste, and the stuff not overly friendly, but the overall value for money was OK.

Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

I had already been in Aposto sometime ago eating Pizza and was acceptable and this time I wanted to try the pasta. Forget it, the team in the kitchen don't have a clue how to cook pasta. I tried this time the Tagliatelle al Tacchino, the pasta over cooked, the vegetables were raw and you can imagine how the combination tasted. Terrible!!!
The service is acceptable and the prices far too high for the quality.
Additionally we sat outside on the terrace and there were more flies and bees than guests, not a good experience at all. Avoid this place and go 100 mts away to Va Piano which is much better.

Reviewed 9 September 2016

The restaurant is very well situated in the center of a small place, under the trees and there are always visitors there. With my wife, we have visited the restaurant several times and our feelings are mixed.
The staff is nice and friendly, the meals are good in general, although they vary pretty much - for example, the pizzas are big and tasty but may depend on the qualities of the pzzaiolo that day. Sometimes good, sometimes not so.
The desserts are mediocre at best, especially the tiramisu that has almost nothing in common with the famous Italian dessert.
The coffee is very good.
Nice place to go.

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Aposto is a great summer place to sit outside and they have very good cocktails and a menu to suit all tastes.
However, the service is terrible. I've been there a number of times and they are not friendly andunder pressure.
I don't blame them though, it seems to be understaffed with untrained service which is obviously a management strategy. For that reason I'm not sure I want to go back.