All reviews the river four poster bed vaulted cellar old town wine cellar top floor romantic hotel beautiful room superior room perfect location small hotel lovely hotel corner room walking distance to everything would stay here again busy street the main street
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Hotel Villa Marstall in Heidelberg, is at the edge of the "old town", and is a perfect location. It is easy to walk to many attractions, but it is on a quiet street, with views of the river. My husband and I stayed there at the end of September, and had room #31, which is pictured at the top of this review---beautiful room. We happened to arrive in time for the one-day Herbst (autumn) Fest, which meant flea markets, German music, lots of beer and bratwurst, and a very festive atmosphere. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The hotel staff was helpful and friendly, and breakfast was very tasty. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CurlyWife
Reviewed 17 October 2012 via mobile

Normally, we prefer to stay at high end hotels but the selection in Heidelberg is very limited. So based on the recommendation of family we chose to stay here. It was a great decision. This hotel is located right on the river and based on what side of hotel you are on, you get a beautiful view of the river or the castle. Either way it is incredible. The rooms are small by American standards but inline with what you would expect in Germany.

In addition to the location, this hotel has recently been renovated and provides a very clean and upscale feel.

They also offer breakfast in the "cellar" which is worth trying at least once while there. We will definitely return for another stay.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank gwinternetman
Reviewed 11 October 2012

We recently stayed for one night in Heidelberg, after various searches we trusted Tripadvisor again and stayed at Villa Marstall. What a great experience, spacious room, firnedly service and awesome location. I suggest they include breakfast in the rack rate, then no reason to ask for additional funds. The hotel is very well located, close to bridge, old town and castle.

Room Tip: Try rooms 11, 21, 31.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bester23
Reviewed 9 October 2012

We only stayed for 1 night on September 29th but I really enjoyed it. We booked the junior suite. The room was very spacious, clean and comfortable. The people at the front desk are all very nice and very helpful. I had starting asking them questions through email a few months prior to our arrival, about train stations and getting a taxi and they are very responsive and very helpful. The reception closed that night at 10pm (I think) and was to re-open at 8am the next morning. I was nervous about not being able to get a taxi back to the train station at 5:30am. They told me they would order it and sure enough at 5:30am the next morning, the taxi was outside. The hotel has a great location, right on the river, a short walk to the castle and perfect for stores and restaurants. If you are going to be staying in Heidelberg, stay at Villa Marstall. I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2012

All the reviews are spot on. It's a really beautiful hotel. I stayed in 3 different cities in Germany and this was by far the best. You get a sense of Germany here - it's clean, quiet and the furthest thing from a chain. Loved it and would definitely book again if I were in Heidelberg.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo