All reviews the river four poster bed vaulted cellar old town wine cellar top floor romantic hotel beautiful room superior room perfect location small hotel lovely hotel corner room walking distance to everything would stay here again busy street the main street
Reviewed 9 October 2012

We only stayed for 1 night on September 29th but I really enjoyed it. We booked the junior suite. The room was very spacious, clean and comfortable. The people at the front desk are all very nice and very helpful. I had starting asking them questions through email a few months prior to our arrival, about train stations and getting a taxi and they are very responsive and very helpful. The reception closed that night at 10pm (I think) and was to re-open at 8am the next morning. I was nervous about not being able to get a taxi back to the train station at 5:30am. They told me they would order it and sure enough at 5:30am the next morning, the taxi was outside. The hotel has a great location, right on the river, a short walk to the castle and perfect for stores and restaurants. If you are going to be staying in Heidelberg, stay at Villa Marstall. I definitely recommend it.

Reviewed 4 October 2012

All the reviews are spot on. It's a really beautiful hotel. I stayed in 3 different cities in Germany and this was by far the best. You get a sense of Germany here - it's clean, quiet and the furthest thing from a chain. Loved it and would definitely book again if I were in Heidelberg.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 October 2012

This is a great hotel in the lovely town of Heidelberg. The location is amazing - right beside the Neckar River and just a short walk to the historic city center. The two rooms that our family occupied faced the river and the beautiful hills of the 'Philosophers Way' and 'Snake Path'. Our rooms were lovely (as pretty as the hotel website pictures!!). We loved opening the windows and sitting in the large window seats and enjoying the amazing view. The rooms are all spacious, clean, attractively decorated, and with good-sized bathrooms. The breakfast is an extra 10 euros per person but well worth it. The breakfast rooms are attractive and unique, while there was an ample selection of breakfast foods and all were delicious.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We loved our stay at the Villa Marstall. It is in a great location-on the Neckar River and in the middle of historic old Heidelberg. It is a GREAT choice for wandering around and seeing the sites. Rooms were outstanding and staff was more than helpful. I'd highly recommend the Villa Marstal.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

We visited the tourist information center when we arrived in town. We told them what we were looking for and they gave us a list of hotels to choose from. I must say we made an excellent choice with this hotel. Its in an excellent location, the breakfast was served in what looked like an old wine cellar. Highly recommend.