“Nice, tidy , clean, breakfast good”
Review of hotelo Heidelberg

hotelo Heidelberg
Ranked #48 of 75 Hotels in Heidelberg
Reviewed 2 February 2017

All you need for a 50 euro room, I stayed on 5th floor in a single bed, was to small for me, but I am larger than average,
Would stay again, but would choose double bed,
Food center and diner down the road, pleasantly surprised,
Value for money for sure

Room Tip: Higher rooms tiny,
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank 4x4Rob

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

THIS HOTEL IS REALLY BAD! The hotel was begin the tran station in a really dark zone. But that is no the worst thing... in the reception, the boos was a REALLY BAD MOOD woman wideout any skill of name Dankiart. She can give to you the best bad experience in a hotel. She don't know how use a posnet for a pre authorization and create charges. She use my card wideout my permission created a double payment and refuse to cancel the operation.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

For what you pay, it is a decent, basic budget hotel : nice sized, clean rooms with clean sheets and towels. The location is near the train station and is about a 40min walk to the city centre and the castle. There is parking at the hotel for a minimal fee. The service was friendly and helpful.

The main tip I would give travellers, if possible, is to request the room that doesn't face the rail and the road. Our room faced the noise from the trains and the cars, when the windows were opened. As long as the windows were closed, the noise was okay. However, during summer, even with the fan provided, it was hot in the room, when the windows were closed.

It is okay for a one night stopover stay, but I wouldn't stay for more than one night.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for one night. I had a single room on the top floor/attic which was cosy and very clean. The shower was broken and wouldn't hang up so I had to hold it which was a little annoying. Staff were friendly. My main problem is that I do find 49 euro for a single room a lot, especially given its location. You can walk to the train station in 10 minutes and old town in approx 20 mins, but the area itself isn't great, as with most cities around the train station. There is an Aldi nearby to buy food. I'd stay again but only if I didn't find a cheaper option.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 September 2015 via mobile

The hotel locates at a remote area and is hard to find. My room is on 5th floor, and it's ridiculous that there's no lift direct to there. Strange sounds at night, and someone kept knocking my door for hours. Perhaps he was from outside I was not sure. Worth still, when I complained to the young lady next morning, and she said something like 'come on here is Heidelberg.' Which was not caring at all. But I do appreciate the lady who came to my room to calm me down at night- at least she tried... Not recommend if are alone, or you don't have a car, because you need to carry your luggage from Central station to here.

Stayed: August 2015