All reviews black forest fantastic hotel small balcony highest waterfall bread waiter falls entrance biergarten euro
Reviewed 11 January 2018

When we were in the restaurant, on Dec 24, there were quiet a few people there. We ordered deer, which was recommended by a waiter, who, we believe, was Russian, as well as the other waiter. The food and drinks are nice, and the service was quite quick for the amount of people that needed to be served. It's best to reserve the restaurant before your visit, as I'm not sure whether walk-ins are welcome, especially during holidays.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

We were at the restaurant, (4 people). We ordered, and we waited about 40 min for the food.
When we got the food only 2 out of us 4 got their food, while the others had to wait almost 10 min for the food.
I understand there are many people there, but come on you should be able to serve the whole table together?!

The food was from my side of view very boring taste and appearance.

We had very little food, and it looked like it was thrown on the plate.
The salad was 3 big leaves of salad with some dressing on top.

It was pretty disappointing to get this type of service, for that much money that we spent there. Definitely not worth the price and time.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2017

Visited Triberg and ordered cuckoo clocks. Stopped here for lunch and had the smoked trout. The meal was delicious. The menu was available in English. The waiter spoke a little English. We sat outside and the atmosphere was nice.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2017

We stopped here after visiting the waterfall and had a very nice evening. It's a very cozy place serving traditional dishes: if you, like me, have a German grandmother, you will feel just like you are having a relaxing family meal at her house.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank WendyK2116
Reviewed 2 February 2017

Arrived in Triberg before noon and dis some "Window-shopping".Bought a little Cockoo-Clock[wich gives me great Pleasure daily].
Then for Lunch to Restaurant Pfaff where I was seated at the Patio.Opposite the Waterfall-nice view!
As I love Game I ordered Wildschweinruecken [Wild Boar]with Cassis Wildsauce,Chanterelles,Plums in Red Wine.Served with Croquettes and Salad.
Very tasty,great meal.
The Waiter was courties and helpful with some Information.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo