All reviews cuckoo clock black forest spa facilities hotel staff small room the main hotel older part few minutes walk main street four nights no air conditioning on site restaurant bit dated single room an easy walk breakfast was included town
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Good location not an easy hotel to find your room paths tricky. Food excellent with a good breakfast buffet. Rooms not massive but acceptable. Spa facilities first class but not easy to get to. Coffee bar in Spa just right and service good. Staff overall very friendly. Car parking very easy. Wi-fi good and easy to use.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Parking is free. I got a single room which is a little small. But the mattress is comfortable. Room is very basic. Fitness center located at the other building which I’m not ready to walk over in just my gym gear on a cold winter day or night.
Food variety for breakfast is just okay.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 October 2017

I stayed a this hotel as part of a tour group. While the hotel looks to be charming and quaint it is at its heart a tired hotel.
The bed linen was just sad. They didn't have sheets large enough for the bed so double sheeted the bed, with the cross over of sheets just off centre - not so comfortable having to sleep on the edge of a scrunched up sheet.
Bath towels were threadbare and tatty and this would be the first hotel I have ever stayed in that has orange bath towels - so 70's.
On the up side, the dinner we had was superb and very nicely presented. Top marks to the kitchen.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor away from the street.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Nice clean hotel. Spacious rooms. Breakfast was tasty and good selection. Around the hotel you can find restaurants, farmacy and waterfall in short walking distance.
Hotel has also a bar where you cannot pay with a credit card...???.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Walking into the hotel it seems high class with the old feel but nice. Once we got to our room it really had the old feel. This hotel has been around awhile. Which is fine if that is what you are looking for. As I write this review, I notice others about a spa and I see pictures with newer rooms than the one we had. I suggest you call ahead and ask for the new or the old side. The breakfast was included and had a large variety of food. It was held in a large room with a beautiful chandler and large windows.
The hotel had 3 floors and I didn't see an elevator.
No A/C. It was a cool September night, when stayed and no need for it, but they only provide a duvet comforter which was very hot.
The hotel is within a few minutes walk of the main part of town.
3 Euro a night for parking but if you arrive late and leave early you can get a free parking spot in front of the hotel by the street.
Wifi was slow, but free.
Our room came with a little balcony and view of main street and house on the side of the hill.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family