“Les Marmottes”

Les Marmottes Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 104 Restaurants in Val d'Isere
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

In my opinion this is the best restaurant on the slopes in Val d'Isere. It is excellent value for money and the choice and quality is extremely good. I have stopped there often and I can thoroughly recommend the pasta and especially the goulash soup.
It has been extended this year with more outdoor seating. The inside however, at busy times, can be a bit chaotic. There are still only two cash registers and when people want soup they now have to come out of the main cue and go to the self service part which is just in front of the cash registers.
On the whole, excellent choice, quality and value for money. Hopefully they will reorganise the serving area for next year.

Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

We had been told the Goulash soup was good so tried it for ourselves today. A self service restaurant that is the process of being extended. The Goulash soup was indeed good, you served yourself from a large cauldron, as we were early there was plenty of meat at the bottom (perhaps not such a good choice latter on). Other food and salads looked good.

This was definitely the cheapest mountain lunch we have had in a long time (but then it was only a bowl of soup).

Reviewed 24 February 2017

Great view from the terrace. Plenty of out-door seating. We came during the busy lunch period and had to stand in line for about 15 minutes.
The usual selection of food items that you find in these type of restaurants. We had the lasagne that was quite OK and we also got some green salad with the lasagne.
Nice in-door and out-door staff.

Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

Stopped here several times for lunch and enjoyed the fare every time. The prices were appropriate with where it is and were slightly expensive. The food and drinks available were very good.

Reviewed 19 January 2017

had two nice lunches at Les Marmottes in Val D'Isere earlier this month. just got my credit card statement, and saw a charge of 289 euros.

that day, I believe I had a coke, a vin chaud, a mixed salad from the buffet and a bowl of goulash. clearly they put a different amount on the credit card machine and I didn't spot it.

if an owner is looking at these reviews, can they contact me please? ben@acornlabels.co.uk