“Nice for mid week meal.”
Review of La Corniche

La Corniche
Ranked #67 of 105 Restaurants in Val d'Isere
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

We book in for the chalet night off. The restaurant is centrally located near the church. The restaurant is nice and cosy. The choice on the menu is varied offering fondue, meat dishes, there was also a set menu which was good value. Three starters which were really tasty. A choice of a main meal and a small selection of deserts.
I enjoyed the food and I would recommend.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

Went to this restaurant with a party of nine and was very disappointed with the food. A visit a couple of years ago it had been much better. I ordered onion soup which was watery and lacking flavour. A goats cheese salad was only average. Service was charmless. The final insult was noticing on the bill that one of our party who asked for coffee with some milk on the side was charged 3 Euros for a small pot au lait! Although the waitress said she was sorry about the charge - it stood! My advice is to look elsewhere. Too expensive, and food at best average.

2  Thank Jed S
Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

my son and I fancied a nice raclette on our chalet day off last week.
the rep recommended this restaurant and we were not disappointed. large portion. Prompt service.
Straight forward Savoie food, in an authentic atmosphere. Close to the centre of Val.
thank you.

Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

Not quite sure why this place is ranked so poorly. Popped in last night on the chalet night off. Seated promptly at 7 and we only had mains. The food was good, served quickly with a nic bottle of local Rose. There were some big groups in so I guess it could have got busy later. Only slight issue is that it was very warm in there. Worth a look though.

Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

A high price to pay for a disappointing experience. Food was average to poor, few things on menu not available, so we adjusted ourself to what was available but should have left right away.
Fondue was very liquid, steak very fat, tendinitis and tasteless. 130€ for 3 without desert, you would expect something much nicer

1  Thank Gregory V