“Late lunch ”

Sur La Montagne
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Arrived in the resort and hunted for a quick late lunch and this place did not disappoint.
We had drinks and pizzas. Freshly made. Great choice and they were yummy.
Friendly staff, lovely ambience and we wanted to watch the rugger which was on downstairs!

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 12 January 2018

All the lifts were shut (snow storm) and we were looking for a lunch venue. After 3 fully booked establishments we managed to get into this one albeit in the charmless basement. Dank atmosphere with a bar and tv showing sports with a local or two drinking with the staff.

Menu is short but looks to have ambitions for fine dining. Unfortunately the food was flavourless and overpriced. The risotto at €39 had oil floating over it with tasteless prawns and scallops. The service was variable 3 different waiters attending and accompanying potatoes arrived 10min after main dish.

I can only imagine they were understaffed for the crowds that couldn't get up the mountain. Nevertheless one to avoid

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

We picked it pretty much on chance. The menu on the board outside looked promising. I had the €24 fixed price menu. Smoked duck breast with salad and honey sliced almonds; roast lamb for main with polenta; followed by a fabulous tiramisu. My son had a Caesar salad Coffee was excellent. The staff not all English speakers, Bu we muddled through with Frenglish.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

Having eaten twice in this restaurant on our previous holiday in February we were eager to return on this trip and booked a table for eight for the day after Boxing Day. However, we then realised that the menu (now fine dining with main courses costing 25 € ish) had changed since our last visit which we felt was not suitable and also too expensive for our party with children; I therefore visited to cancel the reservation. I explained (in French) the reasons why we were cancelling and said that I was sorry, to which the FOH woman rudely replied “yes, me too!” and emphatically crossed our names out of the reservation book. It seemed a very inappropriate response, especially as we had taken the trouble to cancel rather than not bothering as I suspect others might have done. I did notice that there were only two names remaining in the reservation book which I found quite surprising given that the resort was quite busy, the day I’d booked was the chalet staff night off resort-wide and everything seemed to be open despite it being Christmas Day today. Having witnessed the customer service, I’m not surprised there weren’t many bookings. We will not be returning.

Date of visit: December 2017
4  Thank JLCMum2two
Reviewed 25 December 2017

We wanted to try it to advise clients about the restaurant

It will not be recommended in the chalet brochure

Overpriced. Butternut soup cold. Goo with an egg uninteresting and the beef cheek fatty

Date of visit: December 2017