“An Oasis”

Neighbourhood: Saint-Laurent - Lavalette
UK
“An Oasis”
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Really enjoyed our meal here. We had the cheaper avaialble set menu. But I had the best terrine (it was duck) i think i have ever had along with the most sweet and tender saddle of rabbit. Neither being dishes I would normally choose but very pleased with it. Food well cooked and service was good too. I thought that overall the restaurant was slightly over priced but upon finishing my meal I was completey satisfied. We sat outside but inside looked magnificent too.. I left with the opinion that someone in the kitchen could really cook.

• Visited September 2011

Grenoble, France
“Aims higher than it actually gives”
Reviewed 3 August 2011

This restaurant is what I would call a true French restaurant with the abience and relaxed dining experience you get in good French restaurants, it also with the style, menu and prices aims to be a top quality restaurant in the area. Here however I feel it is lacking somewhat. Small plates of well prepared food but there is a distinct lack of flavour especially in the well known and usually strongly flavoured dishes such as the foie gras. It's a nice place don't get me wrong but for the money there are better places in Grenoble, if it lost some pretentiousness then I think it could be much better.

• Visited July 2011