“A magical Chamonix Chalet”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Magnifique chalet tout en bois sculpté.
Beautiful chalet  + hand carved wood + beautiful garden
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Italian first
Any
Spencer V
“A magical Chamonix Chalet”
Reviewed 1 February 2017 for a stay in January 2017

A Magical Chamonix Chalet
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
One year ago my grandmother stayed at Chalet Florence after my mother found it for her online. I saw the chalet for the first time while I was visiting her. One year later I recommended that we stay at Chalet Florence along with my girlfriend's father, brother and his girlfriend. The chalet was beyond our wildest expectation. Every single possible detail is thought of and accounted for, and the chalet truly is one of the most magical places I have ever been. The welcoming atmosphere nestled in the heart of Chamonix valley is an absolutely first class accommodation for anyone visiting the area. The chalet offers every possible comfort, with everything from incredible comfortable beds and beautiful, clean bathrooms, to all the comforts of home. Not to mention the building itself is a work of art. Hand carved wood displays cover the walls and ceilings, with beautiful lighting and warmth throughout both the main chalet and the petit mazot. Both buildings are fully equipped for your stay, and Florence is always more than welcoming and helpful with anything and everything you may need. The location is perfect, a mere five minute walk to downtown Chamonix, as well as short drives to a large variety of incredible ski resorts in the surrounding area. I cannot possibly recommend Chalet Florence enough. It is the PERFECT setting for a stay in Chamonix.

Date d’arrivée
19 janvier 2017

1 Feb 2017
Dear Spencer,

I thank you deeply for the kind Review you just posted on this site.
It is so kind of you. I am really moved.

It has been wonderful to welcome you and Alycia and your family at ‘Chalet Florence' as well as at the little chalet next door, 'Mazot Florence’.

I am so thrilled you all had a great time enjoying the two chalets and beautiful Chamonix various skiing options.

Thank you to have taken such great care of the two cozy chalets.

You are perfect Guests that I warmly recommend to any home owner who will be fortunate to greeting you.

Looking forward to have you over again.

Summer is a great time of the year here also. Chamonix and its surroundings offer a wide diversity of outdoor sports and beautiful spots to visit around Chamonix as well as in Val d'Aosta (Italy) and in Valais (Switzerland), Geneva city and Geneva lake with its Swiss bank and its vineyards, the French bank with beautiful medieval villages, etc.

In waiting to seeing you again, I wish you and Alycia and the entire family, a great year filled with joy and happiness.

Your friend from Chamonix,
Jopaulj
“Spectacular”
Reviewed 8 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

A magical, memorable place. Extremely comfortable with a host who is lovely and helpful. Could not wish for a better location- with tremendous views of Mont Blanc! A very comfortable bed too!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
8 Jul 2016
Dear Jo and Paul,

Thank you very much for this review regarding your stay at Chalet Florence.
It has been wonderful to have you over as well as your two so sweet and so well behaving dos, Bonnie and Bella. I miss you all.

You are wonderful Guests that I highly recommend to any homeowners you will be fortunate to greeting you all.

I would be sooooo happy to have you, your family and friends coming back and staying at the two charming chalets (for two persons each) in the future;

I wish you a great summer back in Manchester.

JJVR123
“Way beyond 5 stars”
Reviewed 6 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

I can't imagine many places around the globe where one could be as comfortable or enriched as in this chalet.
Every comfort is addressed in immaculate detail.
Everywhere you cast your eye is a work of art in the carving.
Florence is a hostess beyond description. Gracious, knowledgeable, friendly, generous...the list goes on. I only wish she were truly a part of our family - it only seems like she is.
A stay in this beautiful home will provide perfect memories for your time in Chamonix.
Thank you Florence!

Travelling group: Solo
6 Apr 2016
Dear Lawrie,

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for this so kind Review posted on TripAdvisor. I am really moved.

It has been so special to welcoming your Mother at Chalet Florence as well as to greeting you and your family.
Thank you for your kindness, thank you to have taken such good care of Chalet Florence. Your dear Mother Heather is still here, enjoying every moment in beautiful Chamonix and its surroundings.

I wish you and your family an great summer season back in Toronto.

I will be thinking to you all.

Looking forward to greeting you again in the future.

Kindest regards to every one in the family.

HoneyLill...
Europe
“I've found a treasure !”
Reviewed 28 January 2016 for a stay in January 2016
people found this review helpful

I knew Florence for some years ago, but I have visited her chalet only this January.
It was a big surprise to step into the fairy tales ! It is something unique, the conception of this place: it is beautiful and elegant and in the same time you have all modern comfort: heat, wonderful open space, very well delimited, so you may have the kitchen, dining, siting room and the bed, which it is a masterpiece ! The bathroom it is elegant and functional.You have everything you need to feel comfortable, every single space very well organised, so you have to bring with you only the joy of holiday. I took some pictures, some different than you will find here, to see the quality of the appliances, the plates, the tableware, everything clean and in order like in a pharmacy ... I'd like to find this kind of respect for the tourist, everywhere.
There is also a beautiful place into the garden, facing to the mountains, where you may have barbecue and a glass of wine, or coffee.
Only in the evening there are coming some kind of guests ... a deer and four lady deers, to have diner in front of chalet. ... I told you this is something unusual, from the stories.
This is the place to spend in winter or summer, or spring, or autumn.
Lucky us !
Thank you Florence, I'll come soon, again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
28 Jan 2016
Dear Liana,

It has been wonderful to welcoming you at 'Chalet Florence'.

I thank you very much for your kind and detailed 'Review' on TripAdvisor.
It is very kind of you and most appreciated.

I highly recommend you as a Guest to any home owner who will have the pleasure to welcoming you.

I am really looking forward to have you over again, maybe in spring, summer or autumn, like that you will enjoy the beautiful garden with the ORGANIC vegetable garden at your disposition, ans most of all, this stunning view on Mont-Blanc and its glaciers, Aiguille du Midi, etc.

I wish you and yours all the best.

Erin W
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Simply Beautiful!”
Reviewed 26 August 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

We cannot say enough nice things about our stay in Florence’s chalet. From the time we arrived until we left, Florence made sure that everything was taken care of. The chalet was beautifully furnished and had views of Mont Blanc that are out of this world. We had considered several other places before choosing this one and are so glad we did. In the evenings, it's very quiet and away from the noise of downtown Chamonix. However, the shops/restaurants in Chamonix are just a short walk away, which we walked to nearly everyday. The hiking nearby was challenging and offered great views of alps.

Look no further if you want a quaint, quiet, little chalet with wonderful views and an amazing hostess. Florence truly took care of everything. We were even fortunate enough to share dinner with her one evening, which was very enjoyable to hear more about the history of Chamonix and her chalets.

I hope that we’ll be able to visit Chamonix again and if we do, we’ll definitely be staying in this chalet again!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
27 Aug 2015
Dear Erin and Philip,

It has been wonderful to knowing you and to welcoming you last May at 'Chalet Florence'.
You have been such wonderful Hosts from North Carolina, USA.

Looking forward to greeting you again, maybe for skiing, next winter?

In waiting, I wish you both as well as your family, all the best.

Florence
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing