“Great appartment”
Villa Vallet 1Terrace Garden
Villa Vallet 1 garden
Villa Vallet 1 garden
Villa Vallet 1 Living Room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
travelm0r...
Sydney, Australia
“Great apartment, simply appalling treatment by holiday letting service ChamServe”
Reviewed 22 April 2015 for a stay in January 2015

Our family group of 5 (2 adults 3 children under 11) arrived very excited to be skiing in Chamonix and the apartment looked great. We hopped straight to the showers after long travel only to find that the water pressure was not so great and that the shower in the ensuite blocked and overflowed straight away.

Because we were keen to go skiing the next day and didn't want to waste time calling Gavin, our holiday letting contact, we decided to just shower in the remaining bathroom for the rest of our stay and let him know about the problem when we left so he could fix it for the next group.

After a week's holiday we flew to Hong Kong on the way back to Australia. On our return we checked our emails to find one from Gavin( contact at ChamServe) insisting that we had broken two fridge shelves. WHAT!!

We sent one back saying we had taken things in and out of the fridge but had not broken anything. The reason I am confident about this is that I was the main person using the fridge. We have 3 young children who I feed and my husband doesn't cook and I know we broke nothing in the fridge. We used all the shelves and it was in good working order.

We did however let him know that we had not been able to shower in the ensuite because the drain was blocked and it was overflowing. He came back with an email including a photo of two (random/broken) fridge shelves insisting that it was our fault and that as per our contract he was going to automatically deduct the cost 150euros from our bond.

He also insisted that there was no drain blockage in the ensuite as the cleaners had cleaned it out before and after our visit. WOW! So much for helping out the next group...

He then adds that he thinks that one of the beds has been damaged during our stay as well, implying that if we don't pay up for the shelves (we didn't damage, nor the bed) he is going to hit us for the bed as well!

Now what are we going to do...?? Did we take photos of everything in the apartment when we arrived to make sure we have documented their state, broken or not? Of course not...But now Gavin has emailed us photos of two random, broken fridge shelves insisting we pay for them.

Hang on I just have to quote you something from his email, which on reflection makes absolutely no sense...

"These shelves were not broken prior to your arrival. They were so damaged that they could not hold anything."

Interesting point Gavin, if they were so damaged how was it possible for us to use all the shelves in the fridge to hold our food and drink... Maybe Gavin, you should have talked to your cleaners not us!

Not sure what is going on here...but my conclusion is that this holiday letting service is recovering their maintenance costs by charging their clients for damage they did not do. Counting on the fact that..what defence do I have..? I am all the way back here in Australia, he has my damage bond. I don't have photos of the shelves before we moved in. He has some photos of some random broken fridge shelves that I am supposed to believe are the ones from the apartment we rented-WHEN WE DID NOT BREAK ANYTHING.

My advice is do not deal with this holiday letting service, but if you do I hope this has helped raise awareness of their practices.

If you can book this apartment through another agency I recommend you do so.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location close to shops
Liked least: Holiday letting agent Gavin
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Andreas B
Oslo, Norway
“Great appartment”
Reviewed 9 March 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Very nice appartment, Perfect location in the city centre. Modern and practical, two nice bathrooms. We particularly liked the living room with the open kitchen.

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
BeauBlasc...
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Fantastic week!”
Reviewed 16 February 2015 for a stay in January 2015

The last week of January we were in Chamonix with the whole family. The receipt was very warmly en Hatty, the property manager was a very friendly, social woman.
There was a lot of snow and the conditions were great! We were skiing every day with beautiful weather.

The studio was perfect for the whole family. Everything you need was present and the view was beautiful. The mountains around you gives a rich feeling. So yes, I would like to go back. Chamonix is wonderful and the whole setting is great.

Thanks a lot for this great holiday!

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing