“Good hotel very rude receptionist”

Best Western Plus Hotel Carlton
Ranked #19 of 47 Hotels in Annecy
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

We cane to spend one night in Annecy and looked for a hotel to spend the night. The hotel is situated in a great location and quite comfortable and good value for money.
As in all hotels we thought that the check out time at 12:00. At this hotel the check out is on 11:30 . No body told us this information.
On the morning at 11:45 we got a call from the receptionist her, name is Boba, telling us that the check out was supposed to be at 11:30. I said that I am sorry that we did not know that and we asked to give us some time in order to finish packing and we will go down as soon as we are packed.
This receptionist kept calling us every few minutes screaming and shouting on us in an extremely rude and impolite way. We went down to check out around 12:10 and she still shouted and screamed on us as if we committed a crime. She said that I will charge you for the delay and I said you can charge if you have to but at least speak to people politely. Until we left the hotel she continued talking in a very rude way without even hesitating whether she should speak as normal people talk.
She ruined the whole experience and made us so upset.
I will never come back to this hotel and will recommend to you not to get close to it. For the management of the hotel I will recommend to choose the correct staff.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jawadkhatib

Reviewed 19 October 2017

We stayed here three nights and had a very pleasant experience. The staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms were comfortable albeit a bit small. Still, it was a good stay and very centrally located. Hint: If you plan on parking a car there make sure you reserve a spot ahead of time.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TallTraveler2013
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

A terrible experience with awful receptionists and no help with luggage or small children.
Typical of the bureaucratic 'couldn't give a damn' attitude of corporate hotels staffed by robots.
We went to the Splendide afterwards and the premium was well worth it.

Stayed: September 2017
3  Thank Sean C
Reviewed 23 August 2017

We spent 3 nights in Annecy at this hotel.

When we arrived the staff were very helpful and Natasha who we dealt with was excellent, sorting everything out that we wanted. However when we were trying to sort out a taxi collection from Geneva airport beforehand, someone gave me the number and told me to ring the taxi co direct, which I thought was a bit unhelpful. I did ring them and found that it was a bit difficult for them to understand me.
I then went back to the hotel and one of the reception told me to just pick a taxi up at the airport. "IT WILL BE CHEAPER". On arrival we did just this and asked the driver how much and could we pay in Euros as we didn't have Swiss francs, he said 150-200
After he altered his sat nav a couple of times and we decided that the meter was getting high, we eventually arrived at the hotel. He then asked us for Euros 250 after we had also paid the toll money, we said we are paying in euros , he said one for one, so definitely didn't like his exchange rate. We knew we were being had over , but as the meter said this we didn't think could argue, he looked surprised that he hadn't got a tip. I made this known to the hotel that someone on their reception had given me this information, I know it wasn't there fault that we were caught, but had they been more accommodating on the phone then it wouldn't have happened. On our return journey from the taxi company that the hotel had booked for us it was Euros 110, so we were well and truly had . So always insist the hotel pre books your taxi.
Hotel is very clean and fairly central for the lovely old town. In our room 208, it has got the weirdest bath that has a slope in it. I understand that it is a Jacuzzi style but when you just want to shower in it , it is extremely dangerous when the soap is on the bottom. You can't get in or out without the hand rails and you felt you were juggling not to get a broken pelvis while in there.
The breakfast has plenty of choice, but has to be paid for separately on top of the bill. Nothing is cheap in Annecy, go with plenty of money

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2017

Great location. 10 minutes or less, delightful walk through several streets past lovely shops and restaurants, to old river walk area. Lake is just across street from end old river walk.

We loved our room. It was the yellow one on 3rd floor. Everything was quality, from the excellent decor to the tea service and the toiletries in bathroom. They were renovating the bar area during our visit, and it still didn't dampen our stay. Completed bar and added sitting area looks great from pictures. Did not eat in dining room for breakfast . Great pastries in little bakery, coffee, tea shop in beginning of river walk. Can not remember name, but it is a chain, in England as well. Annecy visit and Hotel, will remain one of our favorites. Traveling the world for 52 years.

Stayed: May 2017