All reviews train station great location old town two blocks hotel suited executive room super market convenience store espresso machine central location nice hotel public garage extra space modern decor beds were very comfortable good size lovely town
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

A terrible experience with awful receptionists and no help with luggage or small children.
Typical of the bureaucratic 'couldn't give a damn' attitude of corporate hotels staffed by robots.
We went to the Splendide afterwards and the premium was well worth it.

Stayed: September 2017
4  Thank Sean C
Reviewed 23 August 2017

We spent 3 nights in Annecy at this hotel.

When we arrived the staff were very helpful and Natasha who we dealt with was excellent, sorting everything out that we wanted. However when we were trying to sort out a taxi collection from Geneva airport beforehand, someone gave me the number and told me to ring the taxi co direct, which I thought was a bit unhelpful. I did ring them and found that it was a bit difficult for them to understand me.
I then went back to the hotel and one of the reception told me to just pick a taxi up at the airport. "IT WILL BE CHEAPER". On arrival we did just this and asked the driver how much and could we pay in Euros as we didn't have Swiss francs, he said 150-200
After he altered his sat nav a couple of times and we decided that the meter was getting high, we eventually arrived at the hotel. He then asked us for Euros 250 after we had also paid the toll money, we said we are paying in euros , he said one for one, so definitely didn't like his exchange rate. We knew we were being had over , but as the meter said this we didn't think could argue, he looked surprised that he hadn't got a tip. I made this known to the hotel that someone on their reception had given me this information, I know it wasn't there fault that we were caught, but had they been more accommodating on the phone then it wouldn't have happened. On our return journey from the taxi company that the hotel had booked for us it was Euros 110, so we were well and truly had . So always insist the hotel pre books your taxi.
Hotel is very clean and fairly central for the lovely old town. In our room 208, it has got the weirdest bath that has a slope in it. I understand that it is a Jacuzzi style but when you just want to shower in it , it is extremely dangerous when the soap is on the bottom. You can't get in or out without the hand rails and you felt you were juggling not to get a broken pelvis while in there.
The breakfast has plenty of choice, but has to be paid for separately on top of the bill. Nothing is cheap in Annecy, go with plenty of money

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2017

Great location. 10 minutes or less, delightful walk through several streets past lovely shops and restaurants, to old river walk area. Lake is just across street from end old river walk.

We loved our room. It was the yellow one on 3rd floor. Everything was quality, from the excellent decor to the tea service and the toiletries in bathroom. They were renovating the bar area during our visit, and it still didn't dampen our stay. Completed bar and added sitting area looks great from pictures. Did not eat in dining room for breakfast . Great pastries in little bakery, coffee, tea shop in beginning of river walk. Can not remember name, but it is a chain, in England as well. Annecy visit and Hotel, will remain one of our favorites. Traveling the world for 52 years.

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

We were family of 5 with children, the hotel is missing all the services of being a 4 star hotel , no porter , no concierge service and helpless in satisfying tourist needs , they staff have no clue about Annecy at all , we have wested our time and money being in Annecy.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank sadiqmehdi
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Lets start with the positive aspects:
Next to a big parking
5 minutes walk to the old part of town
Next to the train station
Modern and well furnished
nice bathroom, espresso machine
And now for a very unfortunate discovery...having lately read a long article about how hotel employees try to avoid changing sheet I felt like checking the beds...
I proceeded to drop my luggage and opened the bed... and there they were, hair from the previous client's body! Disgusting! I immediately called an employee who was vacuuming the hallway to show her ... she nodded and changed the bed at once! As our room had been paid by our friend as a gift I did not want to make a scene with the management ....
People be aware.... this is not unique where accommodations are concerned!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple