All reviewsvan goghroman ruinsswimming poolnice star hotelst remythree starminute walknice gardenstayed two nightssouthern francebastideasylumsanatoriuminstitutiontownpaintingscereal
Reviewed 18 July 2017

For a July visit, nicely air-conditioned rooms! Rooms simple but comfortable. Nice breakfast included. Wi-fi service ok. Nice common rooms and pool area and gardens gives the place a nice ambience. Relaxingly away from the touristy hub. Easy walk to the sanitarium that Van Gogh stayed and some pretty great Roman ruins. Easy parking. Had dinner at the restaurant; the cook said they were "grandma's recipes". Excellent food. Only a 15 minute drive to Carrieres de Lumieres in LEs Baux de Provence....... one of the best hints I have seen in many long visits to France. I would stay again if in the area. English spoken.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2017

When I first saw the Bastide room, I was a trifle disappointed, as it was a little rundown, although it looked quaint from the outside. However it turned out to be very comfortable. It was quite spacious and by the end of my stay here, I was loving it. It has excellent secure off street parking. The owner was so helpful with information about the area. The hotel is walking distance of the ruins at Glanum (one of the reasons I picked this hotel), really almost across the road. This hotel helped make our stay in St Remy such a wonderful time. It has a lovely pool, but unfortunately for us we did not get to use it, due to the weather turning a little cool.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

A three star accomodation with small rooms and generous parking. The Bastide rooms are distant to the main road (quite busy and noisy). Unheated swimming pool, well kept garden. Did not try restaurant. 3.5 points

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Thomas F
Reviewed 28 September 2016

The receptionist at the desk was very friendly and helpful. She gave us a good recommendation for dinner (L'Estagnol). Our rooms were a little tight but fine. Clean. The pool was great after biking most of the day. The grounds were pleasant. Breakfast was fine and typical for the area.

The hotel is across the street from the Van Gogh hospital (worth a visit) and close to the Glanum Roman ruins (interesting but rude staff). Reasonable walking distance to city center for the evening and dining.

A relaxing atmosphere close to places to visit.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MnNanook
Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

My husband and I arrived at this lovely country villa after a fun 5 day stay on a main town square in Nice. The change was not only refreshing, but almost fairy tale-like, surrounded by olive trees and cypress and lush foliage. The swimming pool set in the midst of this was enchanting. The staff was always warm and welcoming and helpful with my attempts at practicing French. The breakfast(11€ extra) was fresh and delicious and attended to by the friendly Danielle. Dinners were wonderful, prepared thoughtfully by chef Joel. He may even serenade you with the Star Spangled Banner if he discovers you're an American! His roasted salmon with spinach in puff pastry was one of the best meals I've had on this trip. Our bastide room was small, but felt cozy, and the covered patio with table and 2 chairs was a pleasant extension of that.
It was a wonderful stay and we look forward to returning soon.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple