“Couldn't Imagine a Better Stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Music Hotel

and 1 more site!
Music Hotel
Ranked #54 of 131 Hotels in Marseille
New York
“Couldn't Imagine a Better Stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

I wouldn't know what else to ask for my stay was so wonderful. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly and all speak enough enlish to be helpful if you don't know french. They also had great advice about where to go and what to do in the city. The bed was comfortable, great room layout and design, and a great bathroom. For the price, the hotel is remarkable. it is also located near great places to eat and shop as well as the metro. It was quiet at night which I also appreciated. Being Marseille, you might be a bit worried about the area if you arrive at night but it is a great area with a lot going on. I really enjoyed it.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank travellingtrent

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
White Rock, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

Booked one night and paid for room and breakfast 2 months previously. Showed up in early afternoon via taxi from trainstation. I had my confirmation form from Expedia in my hand and showed it to the hotel. They say, oh your reservation is not until tomorrow, sorry no rooms nor is there a refund because you didn't pay. They tell me to go to dump hotel one kilometer away (which I walk in the heat) and they charge me for more than I paid for the Music Hotel - breakfast extra. My wife calls Expedia from Canada as I have no phone, they phone the Music Hotel and say, yes my reservation is for today but they have no rooms available. Best I could get was a refund through Expedia - thank god I didn't book directly with hotel. So as far as the hotel goes - it looked nice from the Lobby. I would not recommend this hotel as they don't honour their commitments - no loyalty to customers (nor to Expedia for that matter).

Room Tip: Go elsewhere if you are concerned about a guarantee reservation.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
15 Thank Hosta_La_Vista
GILLES D, Manager at Music Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
We are really surprised at your comment Sir.
You left our hotel and were satisfied with our reactivity.
And you explained us that you understand that mistakes happen is human.

We recognized our awkward acting, on the day of arrival.
We have proposed immediate solutions, to satisfy you up and meet your needs and expectations.

We have proposed different choice of hotel located near our hotel, with the same services.
You confirm and was happy with this great alternative.

We suggest you had for your next booking at Music Hotel***, an upgrade to Artists Suite (breakfast included), a jacuzzi session offered, along with a welcome cocktail. That we seem so normal.

We wanted to call a taxi, and you refused. You said us that you will prefer to walk.

One time more, we present you our apologize for not being able to have the opportunity to welcome you to our establishment. We hope to see you and welcome you in the best conditions.

Know that the customer is our reason to exist. You are vital to our existence. And we have the ultimate goal to satisfy you and meet your expectations and requirements.

Best regards Sir, hoping to see you soon.
Bovingdon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

Friendly staff, great location, clean and modern rooms, minimal choice for breakfast (but that is typically French).

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Corvallis, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

Staying at the Music Hotel was one of the best decisions I made for my trip to Marseilles! The hotel was very cute. The music theme was clever and the room was very clean and comfortable. The staff were very nice and you could tell they really liked working with one another. If I ever go back to Marseilles I am staying at the Music Hotel again. It's a bit pricey but well worth it.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business