See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 October 2013

The hotel has huge potential and is a bit run down, but it typifies French rustic property! No sign of any cats. The room is basic, but modern TV, plenty of towels, comfy bed and it was clean. Plenty of parking and close to all amenities. A 5 - 10 min walk to get bus to Nice or Cannes. We opted for a sea view and had a balcony - terrific views.

The main plus of this hotel are the owners. Delightful - couldn't do enough to make sure everything was OK. When I mentioned I had problems with mosquito's, we were given an extra mosquito plug in the room and then they went out and bought a citron candle in a holder, plus a couple of croissants! When we left, we were given a sachet of lavender.

Yes, there are a couple of old vehicles in the grounds, but the owner is working on them! We think it is very good value for money.

Room Tip: Pay a wee bit extra for the sea view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2011

I arrived to this Hotel in the 1st week of April and stayed there for around 8 weeks. Azur Eden is a best place, situated in a calm city with Just 0.5kilometre from Sea and has a good balcony view from the Hotel. You can find very nearby Restaurants, Super Markets and Tourism centre etc...... just at a walkable distance. The Room are spacious, clean, with bedroom, TV and with small Kitchen and overall the hospitality provided by the Hotel Members was really admirable (Special thanks to Ani and Mark Hotel In charge for making my Business trip as an sweet Holiday trip)..

I really enjoyed my Stay here.... If I get a chance in the future, Would definitely like to get my family and stay in Azur Eden .

- PV

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank prasadIndia
Reviewed 6 July 2011

What a dump! A horrible experience.

As the old adage goes: 'You get what you pay for', and indeed this old rickety, run-down hovel is no exception. You probably won't find a cheaper deal in whole of the French Riviera!

The reason for this will slowly begin to dawn on you as soon as you enter the grounds and are greeted by the apprehensive stares of an emaciated pride of semi-domesticated cats. I think I might have counted at least nine or ten just hanging around the entrance. Initially I thought I might have got the address wrong and ended up at some animal shelter or something. After entering the grubby cluttered reception area you may be forgiven for thinking that your eyes are watering from travel-fatigue or even from the extortionist cost you have just paid for the taxi fare from the airport. Alas ladies and gentlemen, your eyes will be watering from the astringent smell of stale cat's urine wafting out and down through the foyer and filthy stairwell, assaulting your senses.

In a nutshell, here is what else to expect :

An over-grown garden in shambles with bits of wood, rusting metal parts and two abandoned cars in the garden. The whole place is poorly maintained. The furniture is neglected and old; from the dusty plastic flowers strewn about the place, to the foul disused cleaning paraphernalia cluttering the stairwell landings, to the jumbled-up mismatched cutlery in the tiny cooking area of our room, to the lumpy sagging mattress that caused a nasty knot in my back.

In fact, the apartments are not apartments at all but rather single rooms with a small cooking area in the one corner and en-suite bathrooms separated by drywalls and arranged in a manner that reminded me of a cramped East-London bed-sit that I once had the displeasure of using in my student years. The drywalls offer no protection to the rattling chaos that follows the use of the aged plumbing by anyone in the house; or to that either of the incessant wails of a baby screaming at all hours of the day and night. Need I mentioned that the television didn't even work and that the towels felt like cardboard.

An altogether awful experience. I would recommend you avoid this place.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Brits_Abroad123
Reviewed 23 September 2010

If you want to stay in a simple but spaciuos motel and like to be away from the noise of the traffic and nightlife, this is a very good choice. At the same time you are also very close to a shopping centre (3-400m), to the beach (4-500m), and to restaurants.
The couple running the motel is very nice and helpful and their local knowledge helps a lot to discover the area. Parking in the yard gave us a feeling of comfort and safety, and the free WIFI access is useful when you have your notebook of smartphone with you (I saved a lot on my roaming charges by using VoIP).
You should not expect a five-star hotel interior for the relatively low price: it was renovated years ago but everything works; you can enjoy here the atmosphere of the good old times of the Cote d'Azur.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank busakz
Reviewed 29 November 2003

this motel has lot's of charm, spacely room, with little kitchen which is always appreciated in this area.

the motel is run by very a very loving couple, they you will have the best experience of the French Rivieria.

big time A++ for this couple workign hard to make our time the warmest experience in the Riviera !

I really enjoy my stay here !

-Michel