“Delicious!”

Elly's
Ranked #13 of 282 Restaurants in Saint-Raphael
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Opens all year Tuesday to Saturday Lunch and Dinner. July-August: opens 7/7 every nights closed at lunch January: opens Tuesday - Saturday, at night only - Special Tasting Menu 60Euros/pax - Booking only
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

We had an absolutely amazing experience at ellys. Elly was extremely kind, helpful, personable and provided a wonderful dinner. The dishes were presented beautifully and tasted even better than they looked.

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

Like so many we were attracted by the positive reviews.

So let’s start with good: The staff are efficient and friendly, the atmosphere & decor are lovely.

The not so good: The restaurant was uncomfortably warm for an evening in April. The food was hit and miss, my wife had a mushroom ravioli emulsion to start and the gambas risotto for main both were ok, 7/10. For starters I had home cured salmon marinated in beetroot, the presentation was lovely, however the salmon had a fishy taste (I know it is fish!) normally with fresh fish you don’t get that odour/taste. I had the pork, confit & roasted. This dish is obviously prepared in advance and reheated to order. On first glance it looked great, however, each slice had been pan fried to warm through and ended up being very dry.

I think the chef must have become complacent, 7 years in the job!

In my opinion overall the value is poor, would I return? No.

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Don’t leave St Raphael without a visit to Elly’s. My husband and I had such a lovely evening there, the service, food and attention to detail is first class. It is such good value for fine dining. You won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

We visited Elly’s to celebrate our wedding anniversary and were not at all disappointed.
Outside you don’t expect such a nice restaurant and spacious restaurant.
Parking can be difficult, but we took a cab.
The smaller part of the restaurant is directly when you enter, if you go down the steps you find yourself in a spacious room, very nicely decorated with special art in matching colour schemes.
This room turned out to be a covered terrace of which the roof can be opened in summer season and now extra heated by some big terrace heathers. Temperature was good. I would always prefer to sit here.
Elly welcomes you very warmly. She was the only one serving that evening and really had to work hard (running up and down the stairs) to serve everybody with a smile and staying alert and attentive. She really is a professional, loving her job.
We did ordered duck liver and a whole sea bream each. Elly told us that ordering a portion of duck liver each would be too much and she suggested we did share it. It was a very good suggestion; two had been far too much.
The duck liver was delicious and of very good temperature, served in a glass jar. The sea bream a la plancha was terrific too. We had a bottle of Rasque, a wine from the Provence, which accompanied our dishes very well.
The chef, Mr. Chabord, is called cuisinier artisan, a name he fully deserves.
Conclusion; a perfect address, serving excellent food in a very nice ambiance with super friendly and professional service.
Must be even better when in summer (or earlier in that region) the roof is opened.

1  Thank Dorrith Z
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

I have been coming to St Raphael & Frejus for about 35 years and did not realise this place existed - what a gem! The food was fabulous, atmosphere and surroundings beautiful and the `Ooh La La Chocolate' desert is quite simply one of the most amazing deserts I have ever tasted.
Congratulations and thank you to Elly and her team, I will certainly be recommending them at every opportunity.