“Nice local restaurant off the beaten track”
Review of Le Bishop

Le Bishop
Ranked #25 of 259 Restaurants in Saint-Raphael
Price range: USD 18 - USD 42
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

My family of five and I went for lunch. We all did the menu and was very happy with that selection. Nice location of the beaten track, good food, good wine and solid service. Would recommend anyone visiting.

There are newer reviews for Le Bishop

Reviewed 27 June 2016

This small restaurant is a street away from the main beach . (We think this is often a good sign as far as the food quality: tourist price ratio is concerned!)
The restaurant was full and they were mainly French people (another good sign). The locals come here we later found out!
There was a good selection of food at reasonable prices and a good wine list.
We really enjoyed the ambience, the food and the experience.
I would recommend this restaurant and we intend to return before we leave St Raphael.

Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

Traditional french cuisine.
Have eaten here several times when on holiday in St. Raphael.
Good food and a good athmosphere.
Highly recommend a lunch or dinner at "Le Bishop".

Reviewed 14 June 2016

Le Bishop is not particularly impressive from the outside but as soon as the threshold is crossed it becomes clear that this is a "serious" restaurant.

There are only a few tables but they are elegant and beautifully prepared with good quality linen, cutlery and condiments.

Before we ordered we were each presented with a glass of Kir and a basket containing half a dozen toasted bread-based hors d'ouevres (tapenade / sundried tomatoes etc.). The menu was extensive with a number of fixed price offers as well as an extensive a la carte.

We chose from the a la carte; for her starter, my wife had Moules Farcie but this turned out to be a pretty sophisticated take on what is normally a very simple dish. There were three or four small mussels in each of the twelve "slots" in the dish and the whole dish was covered in cheese. It looked and tasted (according to my wife) wonderful.

My starter was a baked camembert served with four chunks of fried bread (for dipping in the cheese), a slice of cured ham and a salad; the balance of flavours was superb.

For our main meals I selected Veal Kidneys which were served in a rich sauce with french fries and an excellent selection of vegetables. This was a substantial and wonderfully cooked and presented plate of food.

My wife selected Gambas Flambee (very large prawns cooked in flaming whisky); as a seafood and a whisky "monster" she was more than happy with her choice.

Given the size of our starters and main meals we skipped dessert and our bill, Including drinks, came to just over 80 Euros. It was not, therefore, a cheap meal but it was worth every penny.

Le Bishop is an excellent restaurant that serves wonderful food and we shall return there shortly.

Reviewed 6 June 2016

My friend and I happened to be passing through Saint-Raphael at lunchtime and realised we were really hungry and still had a long way to go, so we stopped and went into the first open restaurant we could find.
It's nothing special, the food was ok and the value acceptable.
The staff was very friendly and the atmosphere pleasant.