“Good food & service!”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

Traditional french cuisine.
Have eaten here several times when on holiday in St. Raphael.
Good food and a good athmosphere.
Highly recommend a lunch or dinner at "Le Bishop".

Reviewed 14 June 2016

Le Bishop is not particularly impressive from the outside but as soon as the threshold is crossed it becomes clear that this is a "serious" restaurant.

There are only a few tables but they are elegant and beautifully prepared with good quality linen, cutlery and condiments.

Before we ordered we were each presented with a glass of Kir and a basket containing half a dozen toasted bread-based hors d'ouevres (tapenade / sundried tomatoes etc.). The menu was extensive with a number of fixed price offers as well as an extensive a la carte.

We chose from the a la carte; for her starter, my wife had Moules Farcie but this turned out to be a pretty sophisticated take on what is normally a very simple dish. There were three or four small mussels in each of the twelve "slots" in the dish and the whole dish was covered in cheese. It looked and tasted (according to my wife) wonderful.

My starter was a baked camembert served with four chunks of fried bread (for dipping in the cheese), a slice of cured ham and a salad; the balance of flavours was superb.

For our main meals I selected Veal Kidneys which were served in a rich sauce with french fries and an excellent selection of vegetables. This was a substantial and wonderfully cooked and presented plate of food.

My wife selected Gambas Flambee (very large prawns cooked in flaming whisky); as a seafood and a whisky "monster" she was more than happy with her choice.

Given the size of our starters and main meals we skipped dessert and our bill, Including drinks, came to just over 80 Euros. It was not, therefore, a cheap meal but it was worth every penny.

Le Bishop is an excellent restaurant that serves wonderful food and we shall return there shortly.

Reviewed 6 June 2016

My friend and I happened to be passing through Saint-Raphael at lunchtime and realised we were really hungry and still had a long way to go, so we stopped and went into the first open restaurant we could find.
It's nothing special, the food was ok and the value acceptable.
The staff was very friendly and the atmosphere pleasant.

Reviewed 6 June 2016 via mobile

Fantastique, excellent food and service, First went way back in around 1980 and when I am here in St.Raphael it's one of my First stops. Roger & his daughter do a great job, Thursday is Coucous day, this was brillant but far Too Much for me.

Reviewed 24 July 2015 via mobile

My husband and I ate at Le Bishop for the second time last night and had a very good experience. The first time we ate cous cous which was one of the best we had ever had and very good portion too. Last night I enjoyed mussels and then skate wing. Both delicious. My husband had avocado stuffed with crab followed by sole, again delicious.
The service was very good and the staff are very friendly. Le Bishop has an excellent chef.
Would highly recommend it.