“Breathtaking!”
other travellers have booked this property
Beautiful views through the French windows and Juliette balcony
View from the living area, the Cours Saleya leading out onto the Promenade to the many beaches Stunning views of the azur sea, pretty rooftops and Nice street life
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Beautiful views through the French windows and Juliette balcony
Stunning views of the azur sea, pretty rooftops and Nice street life
Overview of living area
DIning area plus view to kitchen
Living area including entrance to bedroom
Enjoy continental breakfasts or cosy nights dining in
Admire the sea view from the pretty Juliette balcony
Lots of space in the kitchen for whipping up a French feast.
Juliette balcony with view and the cobbled streets of Vieux Nice, sliding doors lead to bedroom
Double size comfy bed
Bedroom - perfect relaxation space to read or sit and watch Nice life and the beautiful sea view
View from the bedroom
Picture postcard view of the Promenade des Anglais from Colline du Chateau
Nice Private beaches
Colline du Chateau  - waterfall
The water jet on the mirrored pavements - Promenade du Paillon
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

NtVnYr59
Mesa
“Breathtaking!”
Reviewed 15 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

This was my first trip to Nice and I wanted to spend my time there in a place that would allow me to experience the local character of Nice and not the sterile hotel environment. I am so very glad that I chose this apartment. The building is very old, as this is it is located in Old Town Nice, but the apartment itself is very modern, very comfortable, and most importantly, the view is spectacular. You will find everything you need, even a dishwasher! Roni has done a wonderful job in decorating. The apartment itself is in sharp contrast with the building itself, which is very charming. Now, the stairs. I must say, the first time up the 96 steps (yes, I counted them) was a bit daunting even though I expected it but from the second day on, it simply became part of the charm.

Now, the location. I could not have asked for, nor could I have imagined the excellence of the location. We enjoyed shopping in the market every morning. The vendors are charming and very welcoming. We had our favorites and even chit chatted with some. After feasting on our fresh from the garden or the oven provisions, we took a daily stroll on the promenade. The ocean, the bikes, the children, the locals, the view, all of it - this is what I had hoped for and exactly what I was able to enjoy.

Old Town is unique in that the streets are sort of a maze. Each day we would take a different route to see where it would take us and it never disappointed. A car is not necessary, in fact, I would discourage it for first time visitor. Walking the town is the only way to experience the true essence of Nice.

I hope some day to be able to return. I loved my time in the Vieux Nice apartment.

Liked best: The location
Liked least: Door locks stuck a bit
32Bernie
Harrow, United Kingdom
“Top marks to a beautiful apartment in an excellent location”
Reviewed 14 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

Firstly, yes, there are approximately 100 steps up to the apartment, however, this really is not as daunting as it may sound. We are in our 50's, not particularly active, yet managed these steps comfortably. This would be your only consideration because everything else is excellent. We were met by Roni who was extremely welcoming and only too happy to answer any questions and it was pleasing to know that we could contact her at any time. As you can see from the photos the view is outstanding and the apartment itself is tastefully furnished and equipped with all you could possibly need. It is ideally positioned to experience the many delights of Vieux Nice. We had a fantastic time and would wholeheartedly recommend this letting.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The views from the apartment and the comfortable furnishings
Your age range 50-64
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Noelle C
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Wonderful base for exploring Nice”
Reviewed 25 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

I really enjoyed my stay in this lovely apartment. The location is simply perfect. Right in the heart of the beautiful Old Town area and round the corner from the daily market, yet peaceful and relaxing. I agree with others who have said that guests shouldn't be put off by the fact that the building is showing its age a little - that's all part of the character. Inside it had everything you could need from a holiday base. I really loved the tasteful decoration and the well chosen artworks. Roni met me at the apartment and provided lots of helpful information, and she was also incredibly helpful and accommodating when my flight was delayed.

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Theo46_11
Charlotte, North Carolina
“You can’t beat the position and the view...”
Reviewed 12 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

If you would like to experience the heartbeat of Vieux Nice, see the people, be close to the market and Boulangeries and have a window on the Med, you’d be hard-pressed to beat 12 Rue Jules Gilly. After 2 delightful weeks in July 2015 we could have happily stayed on as we only just started finding our feet in Nice, a city we related to very much. Jules Gilly is within walking distance of the harbour, main business area and the ever-changing old town. This newly renovated apartment is in an historical building with 5 flights of stairs that we decided to describe as ‘evil’ rather than medieval. My wife coped better than myself with the stairs and by the second week she was quite willing to run down for a fresh croissant for breakfast! Some design aspects of the unit were less than perfect like bashing into the open fridge door if you exit the bathroom. There is little space for your own foodstuff. Frankly, there is quite a bit of irrelevant stuff in the cupboards that would not be missed. Out of 4 different places we stayed, this is the only one requesting a ‘Meet and Greet’ fee. (Euro 110). The ‘Start-up pack – that included a bottle of wine’ was irrelevant and we would rather have appreciated some dishwashing liquid and shower gel.
If you are confident of dealing with the stairs and a bed of the smaller variety, we can certainly recommend Jules Gilly.

Liked best: The view
Liked least: Stairs and meet & greet fee
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jacinta M
“lovely location but impracticle for accessibility”
Reviewed 6 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

My daughter and I had a thoroughly enjoyable holiday at this centrally located apartment. We were greeted by the representative and she was very helpful. Although I consider myself to be reasonably athletic I would consider the 129 steps climb to access this apartment somewhat impractical. When the cost of the apartment is advertised it should include very clearly that there is a further cost of €120 for housekeeping which i thought was exhorbitant. General advice would be to pay particular attention to the small print and read the reviews.

Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing