“Delicious and Great Quality”

The Cheese Steak House
Ranked #544 of 1,983 Restaurants in Nice
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 27 April 2016 via mobile

My husband and I have been traveling Europe for the past two weeks. I'm 11 weeks pregnant and had been craving a Philly Cheesesteak like crazy when my husband found The Cheese Steak House on TripAdvisor!!! The owner, Danny, was very friendly and the good is fantastic - he makes the cheesesteaks right in front of you with fresh ingredients. In minutes I had an amazing, hot, Philly Cheesesteak sandwich that not only satisfied my craving but left me wanting another! This cheesesteak place is legit and would hold its own anywhere in the States. The French bread is the perfect compliment to the sandwich as well. On top of all that, Danny threw in free cookies for my husband and I!

1  Thank Stephanie H

Reviewed 3 April 2016 via mobile

Best Philly Cheese Steak in Europe. My wife says that she likes it better than some she has had in Philly itself. Key here is the French Bread. The owner and founder of the Cheese Steak House said that he traveled to Philly to talk with many owners to see how the best cheese steaks were made. Highly recommended!

2  Thank jtb2inky
Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

I've been to the big cheese steak places in Philly, and the cheese steak at Cheese Steak House is right up there with them in terms of deliciousness!

Every cheese steak place I've been to in my life has a slightly different spin on the sandwich and this place is no exception. The sandwiches here are made (obviously) with French bread, which was the biggest difference to me vs the "American" cheese steaks, but this isn't a bad thing -- it was still extremely delicious.

The person working here (the owner) was extremely nice and kind, so I have no idea what the other reviews are talking about. He talked with me (in very good English) about his business, his trips to Philly, his dad, my trip to Nice, etc.

It's obvious the guy that owns this place is passionate about cheese steaks, and you can really taste that in the sandwiches!

Highly recommended.

2  Thank Austin P
Reviewed 24 August 2015 via mobile

1. Poor service.
2. Didn't open on time.
3. The staff wasn't friendly. As if he didn't bother to serve us.
4. The food was nothing great.
5. Delivered the wrong order (wrong type of meat and sauce)

The worst 4.5 star Trip Advisor food ever tasted.

WILL NEVER GO BACK..

3  Thank Fion E
Reviewed 27 July 2015 via mobile

The proprietor spoke excellent English. I was going to buy the burger but he convinced me to go for the cheese steak as it had real fresh steak rather than the frozen patties that would have been in the burger. He recommended his preferred cheeses and sauces and I'm glad I followed his recommendation. The beef was very tender (better than in a pricey restaurant I had the night before) and the baguette was fresh. Definitely good value for money.

1  Thank VickyG_aus