1,486 results
All reviews sea view rock face patio restaurant old town flower market baie des anges large terrace lounge chairs lovely hotel castle hill mediterranean sea fifth floor junior suite standard room superb location south of france french riviera
Reviewed 18 July 2016

Hotel La Perouse is a small elegant hotel in a great location for views and access to the beach and to old town. The room is reasonably sized, albeit a bit small. Balconies have stunning view of the beach and water. Breakfast on the balcony is a dream. Beautiful pool and spa on the roof.

Construction was going on during the day, and workers were hauling debris and equipment in the small halls. Front desk staff were on a few occasions curt and could due with some additional training on dealing with customer questions.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room with balcony facing the water
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Hotel_La_Perouse, Responsable commercial at Hotel La Perouse, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2016

Dear Paul,

I would like to thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor about your stay at The Hotel La Perouse. I am glad that you enjoyed your room and its balcony as well as the view. Moreover, I am happy that you truly appreciate our beautiful pool and sauna on the roof.
I sincerely apologize for the works inconvenience and I will delay the information about the front desk staff to the department manager in question.

Hoping that we will have the occasion to welcome you again,

Best Regards

Reviewed 17 July 2016

We recently stayed in Nice for 2 nights at the end of our holiday. This hotel was lovely and has a superb location with the centre of Nice right on your doorstep, with many great restaurants. The rooms were large, with comfy beds and excellent up-to-date bathrooms. The balcony's were a great added feature. The pool area was very nice, and the upstairs area with the Jacuzzi was a great surprise! The staff were friendly and ready to offer great advice. Will recommend!

Room Tip: Room 107 was spectacular!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Dear Lizh96,

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor about your stay at The Hotel La Perouse. I am happy that you enjoyed our location, the large and comfortable room and it balcony as well as the pool area. Moreover, it very nice for us to read that your expectations have been fulfilled in terms of service quality and that you would recommend our Hotel.
Looking forward to welcoming you again in the future,

Best Regards,

Reviewed 17 July 2016

I have been to Nice many times and was so pleased to find this hotel, which offers a rare opportunity to be in the thick of the Old Town location wise, but quiet and very classy. Also, near to Nice Port which is ideal for some super yacht watching and not too far to walk to the bus route 200 to Monaco.

The food in Le Patio was perfect - exquisite cooking. The service was lovely and it was interesting to see the chef at work in the kitchen. This was topped off with the perfume of jasmine blooming all around us.

The staff seem to be all so happy to be working in this hotel which tells you much of the culture of the place.

Our room 505 had a lovely large terrace with views over the pool and the sea (see pics). We saw blue fin tuna chasing down a shoal of fish right in front of us out at sea -fantastic!

We will be back......

Room Tip: Higher up the better for views and quiet
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Niki,

What a pleasure to read that you have been completely happy with your experience at The Hotel La Perouse. I am so glad that you enjoyed our unique location in Nice, the Restaurant Le Patio garden and its opened kitchen, as well as the service provided by our passionate staff. Moreover, I am happy that you enjoyed your room and that you would like to come again…

Looking forward to welcoming you again in the future, I send you my best regards.

Director Of Sales

Reviewed 15 July 2016

We had a lovely room with patio with an excellent view of the ocean and the beach. The size of the room is as expected for an older hotel. The rooftop patio ( and whirlpool) was beautiful, surrounded with lovely trees and an excellent view of the beach and the city.

The staff was warm and accommodating for our early arrival, and helped us arrange a private car for a spur of the moment tour to St Paul de Vence.

We had an absolutely fabulous dinner at Le Patio for our last night in Nice, and were totally spoiled by the wait staff. It couldn't have been more lovely.

The elevator situation is a little confusing, given that the hotel climbs its way away from the ocean and up the side of the hill, which stressed out my 87 year old mother, and would make it difficult for large families or people with disabilities.

I would not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: The higher floors have balconies which are nice for relaxing and the views. They would be quieter as well than the street-front rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with NH Hoteles

Dear Carol,

I truly thank you for your nice review about your recent experience at The Hotel La Perouse on TripAdvisor. I am so happy to note that you enjoyed your sea view room, our genuine Mediterranean garden restaurant Le Patio and your dinner there. Above all, I am sincerely delighted about the impression our staff gave you and I am glad that you appreciate our welcoming and attentive restaurant staff.

Looking forward to welcoming you again in the future, I send you my best regards,

Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

Converted from an old jail. Very quaint. Could lie in bed and look out at the Mediterranean Sea. Balcony overlooking the pool. Always a challenge to decide if I wanted to look at the sea...or the bikinis. Located conveniently for flower market. Reasonably priced. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Mroosik,

I would like to thank you for your nice comment on Tripadvisor about your stay at the Hotel La Perouse. I am glad that you enjoyed relaxing in your room while looking at the sea and the pool. I am also happy that you could enjoy the unique location in Nice and overall that the service provided matched your expectations in terms of value for money.

Looking forward to welcoming you,

Best Regards,