“Good”

AC Hotel by Marriott Nice
Ranked #33 of 203 Hotels in Nice
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel grew on me during the stay. Initial first impressions left me wondering whether we'd made the right choice...lobby was nicely finished but strange hard type carpet flooring in the halls, hallway looked worn and lighting quite dark, bathroom felt worn although I presume relatively new (flooring and wall had wear markings in it- room 519).

The room was small but adequate for what we wanted, personally disliked the hard flooring in the room but that's a very minor thing! Hotel was very clean.

If you like continental breakfast, this hotel is very good. Excellent choice of pastries, breads, cereals, fruits, eggs, salmon etc...it exceeded my expectations for the hotel category. Staff clearly worked hard during breakfast and equally on the rooftop terrace.

Dreadful night sleep on the first night, noisy neighbours and lots of door banging in the early hours,,otherwise slept well remaining 3 nights and the Marriott bed was comfortable as always. You can request a detachable normal hairdryer if the European wall mounted unit isn't suitable.

Rooftop terrace is delightful and a massive bonus, Nice small little pool, and plenty of loungers available. We spent a lot of time there.

Hotel is well located. Plenty of restaurants and shops nearby. Musee Massena and Fine Arts museum (both worth a visit) are 5 mins walk away and You can walk into the old town in around 20 mins. I liked the location as it enabled you to walk dinner off.

Overall a good stay.

Stayed: September 2017

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Not one that travels a lot or even write reviews. As a Marriott platinum member I was originally scheduled to stay at the Boscolo but switched to AC last minute because I could get the 5th night free. This hotel has everything you would need, it's a step from the beach and the facilities are modern. It's about 1/2 mile from old town Nice which was the highlight of my trip. I mean the beaches are rocky but that is wildly known. The only issue I may have had with the hotel was lack of CNN on television and the small bathroom size (must be European). But I would stay at AC again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2017

First of all, the rooms at this hotel are big and airy. The beds are incredibly comfortable, and make sure to make use of the empty(!) mini-fridge in your room! If you leave a few euro in your room each day for the maids, they will go out of their way for you.

All the staff at the hotel is amazing. And willing to help you out in any way they can. They helped us rent a car for the day; any questions about where to go and what to do, they had the answers; they even help you with renting a bed at the beach.

Speaking of the beach. If you do not wish to spend your time at the sunroof, make sure to talk to the hotel at least a week before you arrive to book a sunbed at the beach. They go fast! We had to wait for 5 days to get a booking. Mind you, sunbeds at the beach are expensive.

Unless you're looking at spending a lot of time IN the sea, you're much better off at the hotel's sunroof. The beds are limited, so make sure you're there early, and if you're staying at the hotel, you get a complimentary beach towel. You receive a token on arrival that you give to someone working at the bar on the sunroof. Just remember to give your towel back at the end of each day and get your token back so you can have a fresh towel the next day.

If you do decide to spend your time up on the sunroof, you will have the most amazing view of the promenade. So make sure you bring a camera or your phone to take a few photos. Bonus: they have an amazing pool up there!

The hotel is about 1500-2000 meters from the city center. It's not that much of a hike, it's a nice walk down Promenade des Anglais. If you however wish to go to Nice's new, massive mall, take a taxi. It's back past the airport. Just make sure to tell the cabby to take you to the main entrance. They sometimes take you to the garage entrance...

Room Tip: They have good isolation, so the rooms are all quiet. We stayed next to the elevator and had no nois...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Beate73
Mauro C, General Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Nice, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Dear Guest
thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay and leave such a nice detailed comment.
We would love to have you again as our guest when your travel plans wil bring you back in our region.
With best reagrds

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

This is my view of my stay here.

On the third morning of our stay I asked if we could please have our bedding changed as it had not been done in three days. On asking this I was told if you want it changed you need to ask, if you don't it will not be changed. Slightly perplexed by this answer ( I know in the reply from management you will say you need to leave the come in sign on the door. Yes I did this three days running).

The prices on the roof top bar are well over priced. €26 for a single shot of vodka and lemonade and a glass of coke.

The hair dryer is what you would see in a 70's hotel. Very outdated.

On many occasions in the corridor on the level I was on there was tray's left outside the rooms all night till the next morning. Once again not the standard of a Marriott acclaimed hotel.

Does this hotel do a king bed?? Inside the rooms I only saw two singles pushed together. Not great when away with your partner on holiday.

The outside area at the back of the hotel was dirty to say the least. Cigarette ends, rubbish and old cups maybe from the night before.

The lifts broke down many of times through my stay here. So enjoy the free exercise.

On the plus side it is a short walk to the beach and 20 mins to old town. Where the prices for a meal and drink are worth the walk.

I do not think I will be returning to this hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank silversurfer009

Dear Guest
thank you for taking the time to review your stay.
I am sorry to hear that several things were not as you and we would expect. I apologize for it. I will share your comment to my team in order to make sure that these issues are isolated and will not occur again in the future. I cannot tell you know how all could have happened. I have to admit that in some points I cannot recognize the hotel (especially seeing other guests comments, which are mostly positive) and I wish we could have had the chance to talk while you were here - surely some issues would have been corrected immediately. At least I would have been able to understand better some of your comments.
Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Nice.
With best regards

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Very upmarket hotel, very swish, great bedrooms, excellent roof top pool, breakfast very good. The staff are excellent - the concergie who sadly I forgot his name but is from Sciliy is a real credit to the hotel, Cyril the barman is excellent with his knowledge and friendly disposition. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk to the old town and whilst it isn't on the sea front it's near to everything you need.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple