All reviews tram station old town minutes walking distance place garibaldi nice hotel short walk to the beach star hotel stayed here for nights free wifi would definitely stay here again the air conditioning croissants acropolis eze port euro cote
Reviewed 5 June 2017

Hotel is in a great central location for tourists to Nice. It's a short walk to the beach/shopping/sight seeing etc.

The hotel is clean and tidy, with good free wifi.

The staff at the hotel we could not fault - Karina and Quentin especially were such a great help during our stay, going above and beyond to make things as easy for us as possible. Along with other staff members who also obliged our persistent questions.

Great place to stay in Nice!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jasmine M
Quentin J, Responsable commercial at Hotel Esprit d'Azur, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Dear Jasmine,

Thank you for publishing your opinion and recommending our hotel.

I'm glad you enjoyed our services. We are passionate by the hospitality, that's why we always do our utmost for the well being of our guests, and their recognition is the most beautiful way to reward our efforts.

Hoping to see you by our side when you come back to Nice,

Sincerely yours,

Thomas & Quentin

Reviewed 23 May 2017

I chose this hotel for the 37 'soundproof' rooms. The first room they put me in was anything but soundproof, when I asked it was 'because I booked a single room and 'only' a standard room' - a very unsympathetic reason and actually no reason at all if you ask me. After a lot of begging (I had to give a presentation the next day and needed a good night's rest) they 'found' me a room at the other side (not at the street, also not really soundproof but at least no trafficnoise) for 20 euro per night extra. When I said I tought it was strange to pay extra for something that was promessed they got really angry. When I left they had the guts to ask 30 euro extra per night, after complaining (again) they 'agreed' on 20. Strange way of doing business ...

Room Tip: don't take a room at the streetside if you love your rest
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 12 August 2017

Dear Iris G,

Thank you for your feedback, it's important for us even more when one of our guest had a bad experience among us,

We really and truly care about our guests and we always try to do our utmost. I think you are saying the truth when you explained there was a lack of understanding / communication between us. The soundproofing is not perfect (it seems to me that it is complicated to have an optimal soundproofing even at home if you are in downtown), but it is rare that we have complaints about it. During the day, when there is a lot of traffic on the street, you can hear few noises and usually the street is really calm during all night. But even if you built a bunker, you will hear the life of the town. On the court yard, our rooms are really quiet. We are a family owned hotel, we didn't really understand your complaint and we felt a bit insulted. Of course, you were right to express your problem. And it's our work to find solution to make your stay great. But I think you are/were really sensitive to noise (what I can understand because you had an important meeting the next day).

I hope your presentation worked out well,
We are planning renovations which should improve our hotel,

We hope we will see you again in order to make things right,
We wish you the best,

Best regards,

Quentin

Reviewed 19 May 2017

If you are attending an event at the acropolis, you should seriously consider this hotel. It's a 2-min walk from Acropolis. 1min walk from the tram which is a 8min ride down to the beach. The room is cozy, the single room was small, but bed was comfortable & met my needs. But, the real winner was the amazing service in this family-owned hotel. Particularly, Quentin was super helpful in giving assistance & tips. Breakfast was tasty, but needed some variety. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Room 55 for single is on top floor & was good.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Quentin J, other at Hotel Esprit d'Azur, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for such a good comment and for recommending our hotel.

We try to combine our knowledge of Nice and our passion for hospitality in order to provide the best service quality for our guest ! We are really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for sharing your opinion about our breakfast, we pay a lot of attention to your remark and we have already start to re-think our breakfast by implementing new varieties... I hope you will come back to taste it and let us know if we are going in the good direction !!

We stay at your disposal,

Quentin & Thomas

Reviewed 21 February 2017

We stayed one night here a couple of weeks ago. A great hotel, spotlessly clean and very friendly staff. Good location, just a short walk from the bus station, if you're arriving in Nice from the airport. We arrived late but were warmly welcomed and were given a free upgrade to a cosy room with a little balcony which was quiet. The next day we were able to leave our suitcase all day with reception staff. I would definitely stay here again and for longer next time.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family

Dear lizandmartin2016,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay.

It was a great pleasure to have you by our side and we are glad to know that you enjoyed your time at our hotel. Our priority is to make your stay a special experience.

We are looking forward to welcome you again,

Sincerely yours,

Thomas & Quentin

Reviewed 25 November 2016

While here, I used the hotel safe, putting in my wallet containing £170.00, two days later I checked my wallet, to find that £20.00 had gone missing.The hotel staff assured me that all their staff are honest, yet I had £20.00 taken from my wallet.This was the first time that I have experienced such treatment, and hopefully it will be the last.

Room Tip: trams run from early morning,20 metres from the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo