See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 March 2017

I was really happy when I found this studio!
I was looking for an apartment for my mother – I could not accompany her to Nice, and it had to be an
absolutely reliable arrangement, as she is 77, and one does not need any surprises.
I stayed in the neighbouring studio Zebre, but, being on the 3rd floor, it is not 100% suitable for a lady of that
age.
Book in advance - right now they are full until November
Unique Qualities: This is what I like about Studio Siam:
• Close to everything – the sea, transportation, cafes/foodstores/market – in fact, the
restaurant downstairs belongs to the same owner, and there is even a night pharmacy around the corner
• 2nd floor (they call it 1st floor in France) – quite manageable, though there is no lift. Of course, they help
you with your luggage
• Always someone on the site – the owner has a small office upstairs, besides, in case of emergency you can
call restaurant personnel, and they understand foreign languages
• Secure – entrance coded, but the main thing is that the waiters know everyone around and will call alarm if
anything unusual happens
• And most important – a trustworthy and friendly owner, a wonderful French lady who manages her
enterprise very efficiently and is always in good mood
Last but not least:
look at the design – the owner and her husband themselves have renovated and furnished the place.
Address: 5 rue Masséna - 06000 Nice
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: With your back to Galeries Lafayette and Masséna square on your left got forward along
pedestrian Masséna street. First arch on your left is restaurant Maison de Marie - you'll see it from your
window if you stay in this studio!

Room Tip: All rooms are good!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

It was really easy to find thanks to the great information sent to us beforehand. Everything looked great, everything worked, the bed was really comfortable. The icing on the cake was the little terrace off our room. This made it for us. Full size fridge and washing machine. Incredibly there was no noise despite this being right in the heart of Nice. There was a nespresso machine so take pods if you have them. I will stay here again.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2015

It was nice and clean with good air-conditioning.
The could be more privacy with the shangai bathrooms.
Every appliance seemed to work and the beds were cofortable.
One of the beds was beoken on the left side though.
It was an Ok trip though and I reccomend it to other familys.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2015

We found the apartments easily enough with the information we were given from the owner, Jocelyne, who I must say seems very helpful and pleasant. Unfortunately, we never got to meet anyone during the week we stayed here because there was never anyone at reception. We did meet the cleaning lady on the last day who was very pleasant. Our studio apartment for 4 people was very small and was really only suitable for 2 or 3 at a push. The apartment offers no privacy whatsoever with toilet door and shower doors both being opaque glass. There was a stale smell when we arrived and the overall impression I got it that the apartment we had -Shangai is tired and needs some work done to it. I thought it could have been cleaner and wasn't entirely comfortable there. Both extractor fans in the toilet and shower room were clogged with dust. The shower had a very very slow drain so much so you found yourself standing in a pool of water on a not very clean floor. Yuck. The crockery has seen better days, its cracked and stained and needs to be replaced. The only really good thing about this apartment is the location to place de Massena. Its excellent in that respect. We paid over €800 to rent this apartment for 7 nights. We were looking for good value which is was for Nice but it would have been so much better if it was better maintained. The futon was more comfortable to sleep on than the bed!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Georg1na
Reviewed 3 June 2015

Let's be objective. Location is perfect. Near Place de Massena, walking distance to the beach and shops. However you have to walk in via restaurant and trust me waiters are not the nicest people.
My apartment "Nature" was very small and hot. Air condition did not work and that's good probably as it was very dirty and dusty inside.
Bathroom is upstairs in the actual bedroom so you have to ask everyone to leave before you can use it in private. Hot tube did not work.Toilet door where broken and we couldn't shut it. It wasn't very clean at all.
Bring your own toilet paper if you need as they will charge you for every extra roll.
Otherwise - it was cheap for the location, lady who welcomed us was nice and helpful. You get what you've paid for.
P.S. this is apartment for two only, don't be tempted to take your kids or another couple.

Room Tip: Apartment "Nature" is for couple only. Otherwise third person will sleep in the kitchen area.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family