“Tasty and friendly”

Maison Martin et Fils
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Maison Martin et Fils is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 295 Restaurants in Menton
Price range: USD 22 - USD 45
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Had a 2-party dinner on a saturday eve. Owners are very friendly in a nice welcoming way, feels like a family business, father at the bar, son in the kitchen, wife attending tables.
The food is local, with many Menton/Nice specialties. The menu is extremely detailed as it shows for each choice, the presence of allergens, the type (vegan, organic), etc....
Food was extremely tasty, my white truffle cream ravioli were delicious and my friend's "ravioli daube" to fell.
Deserts of the same range, creme brulée à l'orange and fondant au chocolat, although portions are quite big for ending dinner.
Everything seemed home-made.
I would say that, for a very touristic town in the very touristic market area, this place does not have the bad habits of many other places with poor qulaity, bad service and high prices.
Definitely worth the evening.

1  Thank vdebuyst

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Popped in out of season, staff were attentive charming and friendly. Ambience was lovely and the food was of good quality, highly recommended for lunch.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

Very pleasant service. However……… I ordered Andouillette, a favourite of mine, but a dish that the uninitiated should read up on before ordering. It was very tasty. I would have preferred mine to have been grilled a bit more, but I gave the chef the benefit of the doubt. What I found inexcusable was, having cheerfully accepted an offer of mustard, being offered packets of the Heinz yellow stuff. Incroyable! Heinz mustard may be great on hot dogs, but with Andouillette, in France, one might have expected some nice mustard from Dijon. Especially in a restaurant as highly rated as this one. My companion found her pasta with pistou, and courgette flowers to have been unsatisfactory.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We ate dinner at Maison Martin et Flis by using TripAdvisor. The food was good and relatively tasty and the service and atmosphere were nice. The few waiters are trying to keep up the many tables but they've no chance. But that all we can say about this restaurant. Relatively it is an average restaurant but maybe in Menton its above average.

1  Thank Tsr69
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

We were four and somewhat late but our table was still there and as requested. Since we booked on the internet we had a twenty percent discount, not bad. First drinks, then oysters and Petit Chablis, the fourth passanger has squash doughnuts. Fresh oysters, crispy doughnuts, fish bread. Then three of us had lamb chops, we were advised a local red, very good advice at that, two were happy but the thirds not, that particular lamb consisted only of fat. They had ran out of lamb so they would take of the order from the bill but no alternative was offered and no excuses. The coffee was excellent and served with a little sesame seed cookie, my wife had a creme brule the size of a kitchen zink but not very tasty in her view. Limoncello was offered and accepted. Service was friendly and helpful. Toilets with no fult but instead some nice details, an armchair and a shoe polish machine, an attention to detail.
The location is one of the best opposite the old town food hall.
I want to go back but my wife was turned off by the relatively long wait and the oversized dessert. As you see from my note I am still confident that I was more right in my positive judgement. And yes, the regional specialities is a big plus as well.

1  Thank Lars L